IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Give me a week.
The reason for the pancake thing is that the old Rolemaster crit table result "victim takes a quick trip to pancake land" keeps going through my head. :( Consequently, since I have this continual little comedian going through my head repeating that phrase over 'n over again, I have NO patience right now for humor about the situation.
Hurt me if you must, but let the duckie go!
New It'll take a while
When I was 19, I was on a bus going to Ottawa which had a head on collision at 100km/h with a Pinto (!) on Hwy 7 outside of Ottawa. The two people in the front seat were killed instantly, but the child in the back seat was still alive. I helped the paramedics and FD take the car apart (along with a few other people from the bus) and got a close up look at the two people in the front seat (the Mom and Dad, literally smashed flat... I won't go into the details but they're nasty as I'm sure you know) as well as how very badly injured the 3yo in the back seat was; internal bleeding, punctured lungs, and legs very badly broken at the least from what I saw. The only reason he didn't die was because the baby seat he was in kept the car he was in from accordianing in around him and crushing him too.

AFAIK, he survived, though I'm sure he went through years of physio.

It took me nearly a year before I didn't have any more wierdnesses from seeing and participating in that. OTOH, I was able to get back to the swing of things almost right away. Remember that you did what you had to do and what you could do; no more can be demanded nor expected.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Thank you for sharing that story.
New Remembering it is still affecting
OTOH, that means that I've managed to retain my humanity so far, so that's a good thing.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
     I'm holding together. - (inthane-chan) - (21)
         Remember, hon, it's all normal - (bionerd)
         One day at a time, Thane. You'll get through it. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Sending good thoughts your way - (broomberg)
         Dude. - (imric)
         thane, perfectly normal reaction - (boxley)
         You just keep on going. - (Silverlock)
         So sorry,Thane - (imqwerky) - (2)
             A snippet of music that's helping me out right now... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 Thanks for sharing the song - (imqwerky)
         Not much I can add to what has already been said. - (jbrabeck)
         wow - (SpiceWare)
         I have to ask - (drewk) - (4)
             Give me a week. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                 It'll take a while - (jake123) - (2)
                     Thank you for sharing that story. -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         Remembering it is still affecting - (jake123)
         I hope things go well for you - (orion)
         You'll learn to deal - (Steve Lowe)
         VERY sorry to hear! - (jb4)
         I know you did all you could Thane - (Nightowl)
         you're holding together... - (cforde)

I am LRPD of Borg. Refreshing is useless. You will be addicted.
85 ms