IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I think you underestimate AOL
The point you are missing is that IE IS INSTALLED AND UNREMOVABLE IN EVERY PC MADE TODAY AND FOR THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE. Netscape will NEVER EVER EVER catch up to IE, let alone surpass it unless this changes, no matter how many people use AOL.

You seem to be assuming that full-function computers will continue to be the dominant means of accessing the internet for the forseeable future. I believe (hope?) more people will start to recognize they don't need a thousand dollars worth of hardware to surf the net and check their email.

The day of the $300 full-function PC subsidized by long term online service contracts seems to be on the wane. We seem to be at a point where the only thing driving new purchases is games and (soon) home video production, ala iMovie.

I'm expecting (hoping again?) to see the first AOL branded internet appliance, running RedHat and Netscape, sometime this year.
We have to fight the terrorists as if there were no rules and preserve our open society as if there were no terrorists. -- [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-FRIEDMAN.html|Thomas Friedman]
New I think you're optimistic
But powerful $300 PC's are really close, perhaps you're not *that* optimistic.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Re: I think you underestimate AOL
Not necessarily, in fact I was careful to leave that inference out. Note I said Every PC, not every device used to connect to the net; and unless this changes. And I'm with you, I'd like to see the things you mentioned as well.

The guy just pissed me off with his assertions and I just had to rant about it :)
-----
Steve
     AOL helped create Microsoft's browser monopoly - (Steve Lowe) - (6)
         Where is the original article? -NT - (SpiceWare) - (1)
             my bad - (Steve Lowe)
         I think you underestimate AOL - (drewk) - (2)
             I think you're optimistic - (wharris2)
             Re: I think you underestimate AOL - (Steve Lowe)
         AOL is a "Media Whore" - (nking)

Languages and dialects with this one. thing. in. common.
38 ms