IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I have done something very silly.
About five weeks ago, I started learning how to swing dance. Six count, for those of you in the know. Word is getting around; I danced with the president of our community college while fixing her computer a bit back, and she's spreading the story. A week ago Monday, I went dancing with a coworker here. No, for those of you wondering, she's already taken by somebody else.

Earlier this week, the same coworker asked me if I would be her partner in the talent show that the college is having in a few weeks, and for some reason I said "yes" - probably the same insane streak that made me dance with our president. This Wednesday, I started the second class, which is Lindy Hop - an eight-count swing style that is much more active and flashy, with lots of spins and crazy stuff. Instead of left(slow), right(slow), left(quick), right(quick) in a six count, it's more like

left, right, left, right(quick), left(quick), right, left, right, left(quick), right(quick) - or something like that. Yeah, it's a head trip.

I found out today that my partner wants to do Lindy hop, and I've got three weeks to learn the routine she has in mind, and I'll be out of town one weekend. The fact that I didn't say "NO!" after figuring this out should speak volumes about the level of sanity I am experiencing at this time.

The fact that I am willing to admit that video may be made of this, and that I might even try to get it on teh intarweb for all y'all to make fun of me for, well...

I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
Hurt me if you must, but let the duckie go!
New YouTube, here you come!
New You are all that is Man!
Sounds like a hell of a lot of fun to me.

Dance On, Thane!
Smile,
Amy

[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Amy%20Rathman|Pics of the Family]
New Swinging! :)
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New sounds risky
and like great big fun.
carp\ufffd dance partner, or something like that.
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Get yourself a zoot suit you hepcat.
-----------------------------------------
Impeach Bush. Impeach Cheney. Do it now.
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #265268 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=265268|ICLRPD]
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Excellent!
Sounds like fun. I did a bit of a YouTube search for Lindy Hop and found a kind of [link|http://youtube.com/watch?v=aIrkp9x2kjQ|Lindy Hop / hip-Hop crossover]. Very clever IMO!

You go out and have fun, Thane, keep up the practice! :)
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New I'm planning on it.
The dance halls I've been attending can only be described as a target rich environment.
Hurt me if you must, but let the duckie go!
New I feel the need............ the need for speed! Ow!
New Don't need no speed... Just a good swing...
New That would be a good SCHWING!!!!!
And I'm not entirely sure you caught the Top Gun reference.
Expand Edited by n3jja Aug. 19, 2006, 10:27:58 PM EDT
     I have done something very silly. - (inthane-chan) - (11)
         YouTube, here you come! -NT - (broomberg)
         You are all that is Man! - (imqwerky)
         Swinging! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         sounds risky - (cforde)
         Get yourself a zoot suit you hepcat. -NT - (Silverlock)
         ICLRPD (new thread) - (lincoln)
         Excellent! - (Meerkat) - (4)
             I'm planning on it. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                 I feel the need............ the need for speed! Ow! -NT - (n3jja) - (2)
                     Don't need no speed... Just a good swing... -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         That would be a good SCHWING!!!!! - (n3jja)

I'm into you like an undersized thong.
112 ms