IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Film: March of the Penguins
As a die-hard Linux freak, I should have watched this a long, long time ago. Other events transpired at the time of its release which kept me away, and now that I finally have gotten around to it, I have one word to say:

Damn.

Okay, I have more than that to say. That is one HELL of a way to live.

March of the Penguins is about nine months out of the lives of the emperor penguin, the largest of all the penguins. Narrated by Morgan Freeman, this film shows us the trials and tribulations that our little tuxedoed friends experience for the privilege of raising a single egg \ufffd and the razor-thin margins that they survive (or don't) on.

Since this is a documentary, and one lacking any physical human presence to boot, I can't say a whole lot about the acting. The cinematography is gorgeous; despite the fact that you spend ninety minutes staring at white landscapes, I didn't find myself getting bored.

If you're interested in how life continues in one of the most inhospitable environments in the world, this is an excellent film for such a purpose. Thane says "see it".
Hurt me if you must, but let the duckie go!
New It gets a ringing endorsement from me...
...as well as my 7- and 8-year-old boys. They're both a year older now, but the ages quoted are how old they were when they saw it. The movie kept them enthralled the entire time, and we talked about it for months afterwards. One of them even did a book report on the book-about-the-movie for his second grade class last year.

Imaginations captured family-wide.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New High Recommendation.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New It got poor reviews in my house.
My daughter thought it was boring. My son couldnt bear to watch the penguins go through all the hardship. I was flipping through the latest issue of Cosmo, so I missed most of it.
New I didn't think the actors were believeable as penguins

[link|http://www.blackbagops.net|Black Bag Operations Log]

[link|http://www.objectiveclips.com|Artificial Intelligence]

[link|http://www.badpage.info/seaside/html|Scrutinizer]
New I liked it, my daughter yawned.
I was captivated by the personalities of the penguins. Made me feel like my problems were miniscule by comparison. Excellent cinematography. Wonderful narration by Mr. Freeman.
Smile,
Amy

[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Amy%20Rathman|Pics of the Family]
New what was amazing to me was
how far they had to walk to the breeding area, and then how close the water was after breeding season. and the whole time they just stood there. wowsers
oh, and did you catch how fast the eggs froze solid after touching the ice?
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New My daughter was assigned to watch it as homework last spring
so we all watched it together.

She said "it was okay", my son said "it bored him", and both the wife and I enjoyed it much more than they did. I though that he might like it more than he did because he generally enjoys nature shows like I do.

Give an A+ to the photographers for making a barren landscape look beautiful and for surviving the weather just to make the film.
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
     Film: March of the Penguins - (inthane-chan) - (7)
         It gets a ringing endorsement from me... - (Yendor)
         High Recommendation. -NT - (bepatient)
         It got poor reviews in my house. - (bionerd)
         I didn't think the actors were believeable as penguins -NT - (tuberculosis)
         I liked it, my daughter yawned. - (imqwerky)
         what was amazing to me was - (cforde)
         My daughter was assigned to watch it as homework last spring - (lincoln)

I fell in love with my manservant, who was
actually the disguised twin sister of the
man that my former love secretly married,
having mistaken him for my manservant who
was wooing her on my behalf whilst secretly
in love with me.

75 ms