IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New IWT day and such.
As Rand had reminded us not too long ago, August 1 was IWT Day. It has come and gone. Given that the host machine and connection has moved recently, I'm confused whether Greg or Scott (or some split) should be at the receiving end of some money to fund or reimburse the cost of IWT operations. It depends on whether we are looking forward or looking back. As far as I'm concerned, Greg and Scott need to decide this.

It is enough that so much time has been given by these two (not intending to slight the others that have helped), but we cannot expect them to pay for the machine and ongoing connection charges. We all need to "step up to the plate", (in this case the collection plate! :) ) and chip in. I'm prepared to do so.

Names, current addresses, pay pal account, or whatnot needs to be provided so this can be accomplished.

We cannot let this "slide".
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New While all of these things do have a price
I want to be one to reiterate that what that box and net connection have brought to me are friends that I expect to keep forever. Paying a bit for a net connection is a small token for me.

I am thankful that all are well.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Happy IWT Day!
Just tell us where to send the donation. :)

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New Re: IWT day and such.
I sent a check to Greg before the dimensions of his personal catastrophe were apparent. I'd contemplated it at the time as for the coming year, but I now regard it as for services rendered times past, and many thanks. If admin needs a further contri to keep the servers turning over, I'm good for it.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New Same here
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New To me, it makes no difference.
The colo that Scott is setting up right now is much cheaper than what I had going, though has some limitations I didn't have.

I'll need to discuss some things with him about costs. I also want to see what is happening with my LLC, as that makes a huge part of the equation.

If things work out well, I may just have a better solution than when I started with.

So, we shall see what happens.

As far as money right now, Rand is a fine chap for doing what he did. As for the others they are as well.

I believe Scott could probably use some support in the regards of iwethey as well. Though, things are really different now in the aftermath of the events of late July for me.

My 2 machines I bought are whoppers (faster than all getout). I may just dedicate them to my needs and see what gives.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New Get those Opterons crunching!
Please keep us informed on your progress with your projects.

I suspect Admin will give us some idea of how he wants to proceed when he gets settled after his vacation. If not, I'll be after him.

:-)

Take care.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: IWT day and such.
Please send me an email about this if you are interested in contributing.

scottanderson with comcast period net.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Sent.
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New Also sent
New Sent one too. :)

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New Also sent one likewise, too.
New Subspace message launched.

New Joining the chorus.
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu]
New o/
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
     IWT day and such. - (a6l6e6x) - (14)
         While all of these things do have a price - (bepatient) - (1)
             Happy IWT Day! - (Nightowl)
         Re: IWT day and such. - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Same here -NT - (lincoln)
         To me, it makes no difference. - (folkert) - (1)
             Get those Opterons crunching! - (Another Scott)
         Re: IWT day and such. - (admin) - (7)
             Sent. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Also sent -NT - (slugbug)
             Sent one too. :) -NT - (Nightowl)
             Also sent one likewise, too. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Subspace message launched. -NT - (Ashton)
             Joining the chorus. -NT - (Steve Lowe)
             o/ -NT - (Meerkat)

Poke yourself in the eye.
87 ms