Korean Title: Bin-jip

I continue on my obsession with Korean films, there's some damn good stuff coming out of there lately. Ki-Duk Kim strikes again, this time with the most uncommonly used golf club in the set.

The protagonist is a young man who never says a word in the entire film. Instead, we are conveyed his feelings through visual communication, from his tricksterish smiles to his depths of sorrow. His life consists of leaving flyers on the doors of people's homes, then finding the houses where the flyers were not removed. He then breaks into the house, repairs small household objects, does the people's laundry, sleeps overnight, and then leaves.

In one house he breaks into, he meets a young woman, abused by her husband...

I'm not quite sure what I saw tonight. It's a very strange film, a ghost flitting through snapshots of other people's lives. These two people, one who is unknowable other than his enigmatic smile, the other who's silence and eventual speech shows her growth and eventual recovery from the pain that has been inflicted on her, say much about the human spirit without saying a word.

This film also goes down as having the most surreal kiss EVER.

Thane sez "See it!"