IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Finally, St. Louis power restored everywhere!
The last 9000+ people got their power restored today in the St. Louis area, and not a moment too soon either. We start another hear-warning period from tomorrow morning through next Wednesday.

This has been a horrendous mess, everywhere in the area for everyone, and I'm so thankful it's over now, and that we didn't have many heat related casualties and deaths.

A big thank you to the power companies that put our city and it's neighbors back together, and sympathy to those families whose workers were injured or killed.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New Spoke too soon -- huge setback, 10,000 people without power
We just heard on the news that there was a huge setback with the power restoration, and two circuits that were newly repaired failed about an hour ago in North St. Louis County. I called my mom right away because she was in the zip codes mentioned, and thankfully they weren't one of the ones affected again.

Ameren UE reports that due to these two failed circuits 10,000 people are now again without power in North St. Louis County. God, and there is an excessive heat warning starting in the morning for the entire metro area.

I pray that they get this fixed ASAP and that these people don't lose all their food yet again. Some of them called in to the station and had already restocked their refrigerators. My husband John and I just restocked ours tonight, but thankfully we're still ok too.

This is such a mess.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New Hang in there.
New Prayers sent.
Smile,
Amy

[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Amy%20Rathman|Pics of the Family]
     Finally, St. Louis power restored everywhere! - (Nightowl) - (3)
         Spoke too soon -- huge setback, 10,000 people without power - (Nightowl) - (2)
             Hang in there. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Prayers sent. -NT - (imqwerky)

And on mic: the l-l-lovely... Cher!
32 ms