IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: as an expert in watching the world around me
a) They didn't find a Pterosaur head with colors on it. They're assuming that part based on observation of other species that have ornamental sexual displays.

b) Be careful what being "an expert in watching the world around you" gets you:

[image|http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cd/Iguanodon1.jpg||||]
--
Chris Altmann
New Dino, get in here!
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Perhaps I was being too subtle
My point was that back in the 1800s they thought Iguanodon looked like that picture (a giant lumbering iguana) because the tooth looked like a big iguana tooth and that's all they had from the "world around them" to go by.

More complete evidence has since revealed that the probably looked more like this:

[image|http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/Iguanodon.jpg||||]

Also, other leading theories as to the purpose of Pterosaur crests are that the were used to regulate body temperature, for aerodynamics, or a combination of all three.
--
Chris Altmann
Expand Edited by altmann July 30, 2006, 02:31:58 AM EDT
     another stunning discovery by tard brit scientists - (boxley) - (11)
         Indeed! - (pwhysall) - (10)
             as an expert in watching the world around me - (boxley) - (9)
                 I'm with you on this one - (bepatient)
                 Re: as an expert in watching the world around me - (altmann) - (2)
                     Dino, get in here! -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         Perhaps I was being too subtle - (altmann)
                 What about Birds of Paradise, then? - (pwhysall) - (4)
                     Ummmm . . . is there some confusion here? - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                         No, I'm not. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                             you want to post pictures of female peacocks as well? - (boxley)
                             So trying to get laid isn't an ongoing thing? - (Andrew Grygus)

I know kung fu.
91 ms