IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And if the heat wasn't enough, we lost a family member
I stated this in my longer post about the blackout in St. Louis, but I think it deserves it's own mention in here as well.

When we finally got our power back on last night, we discovered that John's mom's husband (John's stepfather), had passed away Tuesday night, July 25th.. She had tried to reach us to tell us that he was terribly ill on Wednesday July 19th, but the e-mail was sent 3 hours after the storm hit us and left us in the dark, so we weren't aware of it since we had no e-mail. We had tried to call her on Saturday to tell her why our e-mail was down, but her phone box was full so we couldn't even leave a message.

Apparently Billy, his stepfather, had problems to where his liver wasn't functioning and fluid was pooling in his abdominal cavity. He died peacefully on Tuesday night at 7:30 p.m. New Mexico time.

When it rains, it pours I guess.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New Sorry for your loss, condolences to John's family as well.
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu]
New Bummer My condolences.
At least he went peacefully...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Please accept my sympathy.
Smile,
Amy

[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Amy%20Rathman|Pics of the Family]
New Sorry for you and yours
-----------------------------------------
Impeach Bush. Impeach Cheney. Do it now.
New Sorry to hear, Owlsley....
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Stephen Colbert, at the White House Correspondent's Dinner 29Apr06
New Sorry to hear it, Brenda!
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New Re: And if the heat wasn't enough, we lost a family member
I am sad to hear about your loss in your family. Even if we had a bad experience and are not friends any more, I have sympathy for you and your family.

"When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift

[link|http://www.xormad.com:4096/district268|I am from District 268].
     And if the heat wasn't enough, we lost a family member - (Nightowl) - (7)
         Sorry for your loss, condolences to John's family as well. -NT - (Steve Lowe)
         Bummer My condolences. - (imric)
         Please accept my sympathy. -NT - (imqwerky)
         Sorry for you and yours -NT - (Silverlock)
         Sorry to hear, Owlsley.... -NT - (jb4)
         Sorry to hear it, Brenda! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Re: And if the heat wasn't enough, we lost a family member - (orion)

A base libel on toxic waste dumps everywhere.
41 ms