IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Get Bush?
You mean the question may not even be asked .?. whether Bush+Cheney+Lay somewhat participated.. in that roundabout way that these things just sorta happen.. with the net effect over some months of,

Getting Us ??

Remember when Frito-Lay and his Texas buddies were raping California? Last year - recall? It was about [oil] er Energy. What did Enron 'do' for a Lavish Living? May not be relevant that these meetings occurred quite early in the new admin, of course. But one might be prompted to find out - mightn't one - especially when AT THE TIME:

Remember that the Admin Had No Slightest Interest in even appearing to be 'of assistance' to: a State of the union whose GNP is usually larger than [whatever: 7th? 9th? largest GNP in world] Mr. Laissez Faire, y'all. Remember? I sure do + a couple Senator types, seems so too.

So now your morose essay above certainly implies "gosh it must all be about Getting Bush" / politics as usual ie

Nothing to See Here? Move On?

Of course there are 'Exec Principles' involved. But there are principles and Other Principles like: To just what extent is Enron the tip of the iceberg? Hey = even those self described 'Conservative' 'Republican' 'Businessmen' cannot get folk to buy their stock IF everybody gets the strong inference that: all the time it has been rigged. And maybe not just by One of the Five major firms who Account and er Advise << thanks to a successful quashing of the SEC's desire to STOP that incestuous mix. Just last year, coincidentally.

So.. which of the above Principles gets the squeaky [oil] this time?

Moderates Want to Know
(Sometimes paranoids don't fear enemies so much as.. better accountants?)
New You haven't quite got it right on one point, Ash...
Remember that the Admin Had No Slightest Interest in even appearing to be 'of assistance' to: a State of the union whose GNP is usually larger than [whatever: 7th? 9th? largest GNP in world] Mr. Laissez Faire, y'all. Remember? I sure do + a couple Senator types, seems so too.

What you're missing, Ash, is the reason why California was allowed to fester. It wasn't laissez-faire, Reganesque, shit-trickles-downhill voodoo economics by a "true believer", nor was it quid pro quo for a job well done in helping Bush become the Selected Resident. (Although you can bet that both were contributing factors...). It was simply that California's umptee-ump electoral votes went for Gore.

The Resodent got 'im a mean streak in 'im.
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New What I find interesting is the head of energy
appointed by Bush didnt exactly believe in totally unregulated energy policy, Ken Lay asked that he be replaced and was allowed to interview for his successor. The regulatee's should not have the ability to appoint the regulators.
thanx,
bill
My Dreams aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be
New California?
What does California's self-induced energy problem have to do with Bush, Cheney, Enron, or whatelse the fuck? They screwed themselves over pretty good, but that had nothing to do with Encron, Bush, Clinton, Cheney, Gore, or other names you might feel free to finger.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Amen

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New Interesting...
and yet, I think California actually was attempting to subpenoa a number of Enron documents. (I wonder what documents Enron shredded.)
New Hardly a rhetorical question..__that. And 'self-induced' is
a judgment which completely ignores all the compounded skullduggery which has barely begun to seep out.

Or was this just your hyperbolic equivalent of Leave our er self-correcting market alone.. We don't need no steenkin busybodies checkin anythin ?

The Grid ain't intramural CA -remember?

A.

PS besides - the Real rip-off last year, under the e- shenanigan smokescreen: was natural gas prices / unfunded national pipelines etc. Plenty of idiocy ex-CA to go around.
     Cheney refuses to release Enron notes - (marlowe) - (20)
         give it time... - (Simon_Jester) - (18)
             There is no time. - (Ric Locke) - (16)
                 Get Bush? - (Ashton) - (6)
                     You haven't quite got it right on one point, Ash... - (jb4)
                     What I find interesting is the head of energy - (boxley)
                     California? - (wharris2) - (3)
                         Amen -NT - (SpiceWare)
                         Interesting... - (Simon_Jester)
                         Hardly a rhetorical question..__that. And 'self-induced' is - (Ashton)
                 Getting a might defensive, aren't we? -NT - (jb4)
                 No downside to holding them forever? - (marlowe)
                 Excuse me, but, what the fuck? - (Brandioch)
                 They're plenty of time.... - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                     Nah, let me try once more - (Ric Locke) - (4)
                         Oh.. well then OK. But you're just bemoaning the Heart - (Ashton)
                         okay...and.... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                             Nope, I don't expect politicians to solve anything - (Ric Locke) - (1)
                                 By the way, some good news - (Ric Locke)
             See...stuff is already coming out... - (Simon_Jester)
         Oh my. The shade of Nixon returns. - (Silverlock)

Gollum!
110 ms