IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New One of these days, I'm going to catch a break.
Today wasn't it.

Got run off the road while bicycling to pick up some groceries, ended up popping my rear bicycle tire in a sewer drain, then walking home about a mile from the grocery store carrying groceries+bicycle.

You know the straw that broke the camel's back?

I think I passed that straw about three metric fucking tons back.
Hurt me if you must, but let the duckie go!
New :-\\
Things WILL get better.

Look at it this way - the ass-clown that ran you off the road didn't hit you, anyway.

That's something.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Indeed. It could have been *much* worse.
Look at the bright side, Thane. Hang in there.

Cheers,
Scott.
New That's the nature of my luck lately.
Nothing that permanently injures me. Just lots and lots and lots of small shit happening nonstop that limits my mobility and ties me up with lots of busywork bullshit.
New Sorry to hear it, Thane
I know sometimes you can feel like you're just drowning in troubles, and there doesn't seem to be a lifepreserver in sight.

Sigh. Hang in there, and I'll pray that things get better for you soon.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New Not the least bit unsympathetic, but...
a similar accident on the return trip would have spilled the groceries, quite possibly compromising some of the packaging protocols (a nice jar of pasta sauce, for example) and thereby depriving you of the replacement value of the contents.

The universe is not actively engaged in designs against you. It is merely indifferent. Note that billionaires are also prone to debilitating ailments, and also die (although their pillows are fluffed and their bedpans changed during that last fortnight much more frequently than will be thine and mine, two of many reasons that wealth is preferable to poverty).

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New Oh, I hear ya.
I don't actually believe that the universe is out to get me personally - but I'm definitely convinced I am SERIOUSLY spiking the p-curve.
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #262074 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=262074|ICLRPD]
Smile,
Amy

[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Amy%20Rathman|Pics of the Family]
     One of these days, I'm going to catch a break. - (inthane-chan) - (7)
         :-\\ - (imric) - (3)
             Indeed. It could have been *much* worse. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 That's the nature of my luck lately. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                     Sorry to hear it, Thane - (Nightowl)
         Not the least bit unsympathetic, but... - (rcareaga) - (2)
             Oh, I hear ya. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 ICLRPD (new thread) - (imqwerky)

The telltale breath with sen-sen.
100 ms