IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Song that Sylvy hates
John told me that the song my parakeet Sylvy hates so much is by ELO, and starts with backwards talking, and then weird synthesizer music and ocassional alleujahs (Sylvy must have noticed we're discussing it, because he's squawking up a storm all of a sudden).

Anyone know what that song is called?

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New Don't know the song per se...
..But compliment Sylvy on her taste!
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Stephen Colbert, at the White House Correspondent's Dinner 29Apr06
Expand Edited by jb4 July 17, 2006, 03:33:20 PM EDT
New No Xanadu for you?
Darrell Spice, Jr.            Trendy yet complex\nPeople seek me out - though they're not sure why\n[link|http://spiceware.org/gallery/ArtisticOverpass|Artistic Overpass]                      [link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare]
New Re: Don't know the song per se...
..But compliment Sylvy on her taste!

Hehehe Sylvy is short for Sylvester, he's a boy. We call him Sylvy for short and Sylvester whenever he's in trouble. ;)

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New Re: Song that Sylvy hates
[link|http://www.skepticfiles.org/mys1/backmsk2.htm|Secret Messages]?
Darrell Spice, Jr.            Trendy yet complex\nPeople seek me out - though they're not sure why\n[link|http://spiceware.org/gallery/ArtisticOverpass|Artistic Overpass]                      [link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare]
New Go to Amazon and try the tracks.
[link|http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000002A2V/104-5319720-6527116?redirect=true&v=glance&n=5174|Amazon].

My guess is it's Livin' Thing.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Bzzt. Thanks for playing. Have a copy of the home game
The song is Fire on High, the opening track from Face the Music...and contrary to your bird's opinion...one of ELO's best tracks (not most popular, mind you).

Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Can ya hum a few bars?
Naah, maybe not. ;-)

[link|http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B0000025DR001001/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_001/102-9069161-0420150|I think you're right] (30s WinMedia clip from Amazon). It's a good song, too.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I can name that tune in 3 notes:-)
New I did that last night.
I don't normally watch it, but I saw the first half of Numb3rs last night. The teaser followed an arsonist, but before that bit started, there was a few seconds of statistics (regular watchers will know what I mean). And I felt it sad that within half a second I recognised the music chosen underneath it.

Yep. "Firestarter".

Not normally my kind of music, but it's one of the tracks on the Wipeout 2097 game I used to play on Playstation.

Wade.
"Insert crowbar. Apply force."
New Was a dupe post/IWT lagging today?
This was a dupe post, but I've been having a hard time on IWT today, is anyone else? It's loading really slow and resolving slow and everything. None of my other sites are doing that, so I'm wondering if it's a Z issue instead of me?

I've been having loads of fun with Nikolai since the crash, so I always include him as a possible reason for any weirdness.

Brenda

Expand Edited by Nightowl July 17, 2006, 07:16:11 PM EDT
New Yep, John told me a couple ideas how to search for it
The song is Fire on High, the opening track from Face the Music...and contrary to your bird's opinion...one of ELO's best tracks (not most popular, mind you).

I searched on "backwards talking" with ELO in the string and came up with Fire On High.

I don't mind the song, I think it's cool. Sylvy however thinks it signals something coming to eat him. But he thinks that about Duel Of The Fates from Star Wars the Phantom Menace, too. ;)

Brenda

New the guitar riff from that song
used to be the commercial "catch music" used for CBS Sports many year ago. I heard it there first before I heard the album in college.
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New It was in one of the Station ID's
at the station I worked at after college.

And in a couple of my station promos...back when those were done with razor and tape.
New Oh man, I remember that!
Splicing tape together to make radio promos was the most infuriating thing I think I've ever done. I got really good at it, but I still hated it. ;)

Brenda

New Infuriating?
Wax pencils, splicing tape and razor blades were my friends.

New Re: Infuriating?
Wax pencils, splicing tape and razor blades were my friends.

Well, I tended to have a lot of trouble cutting the tape straight enough, EVEN with a razor blade. I never could cut anything straight, not even with a drawn line to follow. So that made it infuriating, as it wouldn't splice well unless the two cut ends seamed together perfectly.

Made for a lot of do-overs and trying again on my part.

Brenda

New You needed this
[link|http://cgi.ebay.com/OTARI-MX-5050-B-II-2-PRO-REEL-TO-REEL-DECK-INCREDIBLE_W0QQitemZ280008846041QQihZ018QQcategoryZ15199QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem|http://cgi.ebay.com/...dZ1QQcmdZViewItem]

On the front over the heads was a splicing channel.
New The fact that it's one of ELO best tracks...
...confirms Sylvy's good taste!

Give me everything ELO ever recorded, and a buck fifty, and I'd have a buck fifty!
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Stephen Colbert, at the White House Correspondent's Dinner 29Apr06
New $1.50 and limited tastes
post beatles pop has its place...and Jeff Lynne (ELO) was very good at it...and they were EXCELLENT from a production perspective...groundbreaking even.
New I have everything they recorded. And a $1.50.
That means I am one up on Jay. A jam good time and enough for a Happy Hour Beer!
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
Expand Edited by folkert July 19, 2006, 10:20:49 AM EDT
New Re: The fact that it's one of ELO best tracks...
...confirms Sylvy's good taste!

Hehehe John calls it "music to torture a birdie"

Brenda

Song that Sylvy hates - (Nightowl) - (21)
         Don't know the song per se... - (jb4) - (2)
             No Xanadu for you? -NT - (SpiceWare)
             Re: Don't know the song per se... - (Nightowl)
         Re: Song that Sylvy hates - (SpiceWare)
         Go to Amazon and try the tracks. - (Another Scott) - (16)
             Bzzt. Thanks for playing. Have a copy of the home game - (bepatient) - (15)
                 Can ya hum a few bars? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     I can name that tune in 3 notes:-) -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                         I did that last night. - (static)
                 Was a dupe post/IWT lagging today? - (Nightowl)
                 Yep, John told me a couple ideas how to search for it - (Nightowl)
                 the guitar riff from that song - (lincoln) - (5)
                     It was in one of the Station ID's - (bepatient) - (4)
                         Oh man, I remember that! - (Nightowl) - (3)
                             Infuriating? - (bepatient) - (2)
                                 Re: Infuriating? - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                     You needed this - (bepatient)
                 The fact that it's one of ELO best tracks... - (jb4) - (3)
                     $1.50 and limited tastes - (bepatient) - (1)
                         I have everything they recorded. And a $1.50. - (folkert)
                     Re: The fact that it's one of ELO best tracks... - (Nightowl)

This is the most insane thing I've seen in six or seven hours.
130 ms