IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Right you are.
That goes beyond anal and into obsessive-compulsive.

I know I'm going to regret posting this... but it's been on my mind all day (not your post, the topic). Please don't treat it as a complaint though, I genuinely would like other opinions on this?

See mom decided last night that I was obsessive compulsive because of the certain ways I organize and color-code things and also because I have a lot of something, say a lot of different colored pens, or a lot of different colored socks.

I told her that in all my years of therapy, I was never considered to be obsessive compulsive... and trust me, I asked. So why does it seem that when someone wants to be highly organized and structured, those are the words that seem to pop up to describe them? Isn't there some better word for those of us who like a little order in their lives?

I'd really like to know some thoughts on this one, thanks.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New you are obviously anal, not a mental disease though
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Don't be confusing "pointless" with "symptomatic"

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?pwhysall|A better terminal emulator]
New The symptoms are on a continuum
People can have obsessive traits and not have full blown OCD. They can also have an obessive compulsive personality disorder, which is different from OCD in that it is more pervasive and less acute.

Lots of people manage their anxiety by organizing their external world. I'm one of them. Doesnt mean you have OCD.
New Thank you, Laura
That really helps me feel better. I know it's silly, I know if I really had OCD my therapists would have explained it and helped me with it. I just get so easily swayed by my mom... she's still the one who can make me doubt myself the most.

Have a good day!

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New You're welcome.
Relax.

Everybody has their own weirdness. :-)
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #261376 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=261376|ICLRPD]

This is *not* evidence that I'm anal - (drewk) - (31)
         you have bills in your wallet and you are married? /me green -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Didn't say they were *large* bills - (drewk)
         Right you are. - (Yendor) - (7)
             Re: Right you are. - (Nightowl) - (6)
                 you are obviously anal, not a mental disease though -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     Don't be confusing "pointless" with "symptomatic" -NT - (pwhysall)
                 The symptoms are on a continuum - (bionerd) - (3)
                     Thank you, Laura - (Nightowl) - (1)
                         You're welcome. - (bionerd)
                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (Nightowl)
         That's not anal, that's organized :-) - (imqwerky) - (4)
             There, you see? I'm okay, Amy says so -NT - (drewk) - (3)
                 you're ok, I'm ok - (cforde) - (1)
                     Wow - (imqwerky)
                 I agree with Amy - (Nightowl)
         I assume none are missing? -NT - (warmachine) - (11)
             Hahahahahahahahaha - (drewk) - (10)
                 Your wife can't cover her tracks? -NT - (warmachine) - (9)
                     If the goal were snooping, she didn't cover them - (drewk) - (8)
                         She steals and doesn't care? - (warmachine) - (7)
                             Do try to be less of a moron, OK? - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 shared accounts - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                     It strongly depends on the people - (ben_tilly)
                             its our money not my money unlike the UK - (boxley)
                             I don't even think in those terms - (drewk) - (2)
                                 Even moreso here - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     Re: asking first - (drewk)
         Denominational order here, but face up? - (Andrew Grygus)
         My wife does that - (tjsinclair) - (2)
             I like to keep the notes in order, too. - (static) - (1)
                 Same here. -NT - (jbrabeck)

I don't need to do a bunch of coke to be happy.
58 ms