IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New well, there's probably a variac switch...
...that controls the brightness of the display - which when switched all the way over turns on the cabin lights. Ok, so it's a WAG, but I'd look for a thumb control for the panel brightness.

And don't fret too much as the battery will last a while.
New Re: well, there's probably a variac switch...
...that controls the brightness of the display - which when switched all the way over turns on the cabin lights. Ok, so it's a WAG, but I'd look for a thumb control for the panel brightness.

And don't fret too much as the battery will last a while.

Thanks, I'll go look for that. And I'm not really fretting about the battery, I'm worried about her, she seemed disoriented and stressed and I don't know how to reach her son, and she didn't want to go inside while the car is lit, so I'm trying to get it turned off for her.

I'll see if that works.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New Okay, now I need to find the flasher control
I got the interior lights off, but I can't get the flashers to stop.

Any ideas? It doesn't seem to be the same switch.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New Emergency flasher controls
Usually a button of sorts that typically is to the right and center of the dashboard (or on the steering column).
New Thanks, we got it!
Thanks Chris,

We got the flashers off and she's finally going inside now. She's been sitting out there refusing to leave the car and go inside, and it's not terribly cool today in St. Louis. It's about 83 degrees outside, not good for elderly people.

Brenda

New Should she be driving at all?
If she can't figure out how to operate the basic controls of her car - I question the wisdom of her being allowed to drive at all. I think you should try to contact her son and explain what happened and perhaps express that concern.
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu]
New Seconded.

New I wondered that myself
Unfortunately, she has no kids. She told me that the children that come over to see her are her nieces and nephews. I even asked the parents of those kids, for her number once awhile back, and they said she didn't like to talk to many people (which I sorta knew) and wouldn't give it to me. She's a real recluse, hardly ever talks to us or anyone, really.

Of course they might change their minds now, but I have no way to find them until they visit again. I'm a little frustrated about it too, but in the meantime I'm just keeping a watchful eye on her house when I'm in and out to see if the papers pile up or something seems out of place.

I know her first and last name, but I couldn't find her on the Internet for a number and I have no idea if it is the same name as her dead husband's brothers. (I mean I don't know if she is using the surname now or not). Her husband died a couple years ago, we found her outside trying to help him into the car and he was having a heart attack, so an ambulance was called and he was taken to the hospital, but he died I believe, shortly after that.

I know it seems like I'm not doing enough, but you can't make people admit they might need help. Even when we were related to my mom's sister, we couldn't make her go to the doctor or ER or anything until after she had fallen and laid there for three days. I still feel guilty about that which is probably why I was so sharp to catch this woman's behavior yesterday. It echoed my mom's sisters' behavior and well, it was freaky.

So I'm not disagreeing with you all, I just don't know where or how to proceed to do it. John said something about being able to look up the house propery owner online, but we didn't have a chance to do it tonight. He said that might give me a way to contact someone.

Thanks for your concern though, and your fast answers when I didn't have time to search the net because I was worried about her being outside in the heat. :)

Brenda

IMPORTANT - please help me? - (Nightowl) - (8)
         well, there's probably a variac switch... - (ChrisR) - (7)
             Re: well, there's probably a variac switch... - (Nightowl) - (6)
                 Okay, now I need to find the flasher control - (Nightowl) - (5)
                     Emergency flasher controls - (ChrisR) - (4)
                         Thanks, we got it! - (Nightowl) - (3)
                             Should she be driving at all? - (Steve Lowe) - (2)
                                 Seconded. -NT - (Ashton)
                                 I wondered that myself - (Nightowl)

And to the tune of a billion dollars I supplied to the DOE some tasty little nuggets of alien technology... and as one might expect I've been HARASSED for YEARS!
46 ms