I was at a very nice restaurant for dinner last night.

Cuba Libre: [link|http://www.cubalibrerestaurant.com/|http://www.cubalibrerestaurant.com/] in Philly.

It was my old boss' birthday (the towel boy) and we got together, along with his wife.

So we are sitting on the patio, in the 2nd to last table.

The area has about 6 tables, and is surrounded by a railing. There is no extra room.

\n   ------\n  | 0  0 | <-- 2 seats\n  | |==| | <-- Table\n  | 0  0 | <-- 2 seats\n  | 0  0 | <-- Wife of old boss, old boss\n--  |==| | <-- Table\n       0 | <-- Me\n    0  0 | <-- more people\n    |==| | etc, etc, etc\n    0  0 |\n--  0  0 |\n  | 0  0 |\n  | |==| |\n  | 0  0 |\n  | |==| |\n  | 0  0 |\n   ------\n

The hostess attempted to seat 3 large women in the top table. But these were not JUST large women. The smallest had about 50 lbs more than Greg. The other 2 had to have a least a couple of hundred pounds on him.

THEY WERE ENORMOUS.

So they have to squeeze past the boss' wife to start off with because she is by a wall. And they make it.

And then 2 of them - the "small" one and a biggie sit down on the top set of seats.

And then the remaining one just stands there, trying to figure out what to to.

The hostess is OBLIVIOUS.

Now I'm just watching. I'm not doing anything. Or so I think.But obviously I was either too direct, or my expression betrayed my amazement.

There are a couple of possibilities. She attempts to move the seat far enough, which she's can't and then asks the boss' wife to move, which she can't, and then we start shuffling table around.

Unlikely.

Or they can move to another table.

They confer with each other, the 2 that were already sitting get up, the "smaller" one snarls at me:

YOU ARE VERY RUDE.

Ooops.

Boss and wife: Huh?

I explain what was playing out behind them.

We have a very nice dinner.

The appetiser was:
Fire and Ice Ceviche
Honduran style ceviche of sushi grade tuna tossed with coconut milk, fresh squeezed lime juice, spicy yellow pepper and cilantro. Served in a half coconut and topped with "hot" passion fruit ice.

Oh, it was good. And the presentation was incredible. The outer plate was filled with seaweed and dry-ice with water.

When we left, we passed their table. Where they fit just fine, and were enjoying a nice dinner. Of course, they all snarled at me.

Later, when we went to feed the meter, a couple of people about 10 feet away waved to me and said hello. I work with the woman. But the boss saw this out of the corner of his eye, and went into a panic.

He thought the women had tracked us down.