IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nikolai's hard drive bit the dust today
So if I'm not around to reply to something, that's probably why. I am attempting to type this from John's Linux computer, Andrei, so please bear with me, but I can't run this one without him here for a myriad of reasons, so I'm temporarily offline for now.

Today while I was sitting on the phone yacking with mom, (and not even AT the computer, mind you), my computer decided it no longer recognized it's hard drive. In other words, it crashed.

John has been attempting to repair the problem all day, with hit and miss results. We bought a new hard drive and he attempted to copy the data on the old one to the new one, but after waiting hours to see if it would copy, it didn't work. So he reinstalled Windows XP and MS Office and now he's trying to copy the data again using a different method.

We hadn't backed Nikolai up since March 23rd I think he said, so I'm out of luck where anything saved on here since then is concerned unless we are able to retrieve the data.

So, if I'm not online for awhile, this is probably the reason. I doubt that he will be able to get it going tonight where I can do much tomorrow, (although I'm hoping for Anytime and Word at the least), so it's a good thing that he's off Tuesday I guess... if one considers it good to spend their holiday day off fixing their owl's computer. ;)

So if you need me and know how to call, that works. If you need me and do not have a way to call me, e-mail me at Yahoo or post in a group and I'll have John help me check my mail whenever he can until I get back up and running properly.

Just wanted to let you know what is going on.

Hope everyone has s great fourth and enjoys the Beep Bash!

Brenda

P.S. Personally, I think Nikolai is going on strike from family and church computer activities. ;)

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
Expand Edited by Nightowl July 2, 2006, 11:47:09 PM EDT
New Back up and running!
There is still a lot to do, and a number of programs to install to put everything back right with my computer, but I'm up now and have Internet access back on Nikolai.

I'm trying to deal with a couple new versions of programs at once, Opera, and Eudora, as well as trying to remember how I've had MS Office configured for years. This time I'm writing it all down!

I am also happy to say that we were able to save all my data from the old hard drive, which I wasn't sure we would be able to do, so I didn't lose anything. I'm just way way behind online everywhere, including in here, due to being off the computer and spending the last 5 days getting it back up and fixed.

I hope everyone had a great time at the Beep Bash and I'll do my best to catch up reading in here soon!

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
     Nikolai's hard drive bit the dust today - (Nightowl) - (1)
         Back up and running! - (Nightowl)

If you're going to be paranoid, don't stop at half measures.
54 ms