IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It was more than cover...
For many alchemists it was a source of funding as well. They would get people to fund their experiments on the hope of having it pay off. Often said funding was derived by using tricks to convince someone that they had already succeeded on a small scale, but they needed supplies to do it on a large scale.

Cheers,
Ben
a very rich person should leave his kids enough to do anything but not enough to do nothing. -- Warren Buffett
New Concur.. pre-TheDonald entrepreneurs; er, {ugh?}
Edit PS: of course no one can estimate the motives, %scurrilous/serious of practitioners, though I'd suppose that there has been sufficient interest all along to guesstimate roughly today, with a bit of research.

'Cover' applies only to the ones I'd deem 'serious' obv. But the gullible are ever with us, so we Know there must have been some Duesys of scams; those might be quite more fun to read about than the serious ones, I wot. After all, should a one discover something of a metaphysical 'Truth' -?- s/he couldn't directly transmit/communicate that realization to someone else, anyway!

{Love schemes that render Capitalizing impossible.}

Expand Edited by Ashton June 29, 2006, 01:26:28 AM EDT
New Kewl...a medieval 409 scam!
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Stephen Colbert, at the White House Correspondent's Dinner 29Apr06
New Ye Summe of Ten Thousande Golde Doubloons
of which thou wilt Obtaine near to Three Thousande after we have completed ye Transaction, Good Sir.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Ye verily, human nature is unchanged
a very rich person should leave his kids enough to do anything but not enough to do nothing. -- Warren Buffett
     Y.. P.. B.. - (Ashton) - (14)
         Re: Y.. P.. B.. - (altmann) - (13)
             Re: Y.. P.. B.. - (Nightowl)
             Hey, it's nothing new. - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
                 A mere bagatelle, when you consider - (Ashton) - (9)
                     Cover for what? - (drewk) - (1)
                         for funding of course, the medieval version of the american - (boxley)
                     Unless you know something about Newton that I don't... - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                         There's very little I 'Know' - - (Ashton) - (5)
                             It was more than cover... - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                 Concur.. pre-TheDonald entrepreneurs; er, {ugh?} - (Ashton)
                                 Kewl...a medieval 409 scam! -NT - (jb4) - (2)
                                     Ye Summe of Ten Thousande Golde Doubloons - (admin)
                                     Ye verily, human nature is unchanged -NT - (ben_tilly)
             **chuckle** -NT - (jb4)

It's only Monday, and that is already the dumbest question of the week.
102 ms