Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No Cheap Thrill
Suzanne Vega

Connection: it is about gambling.

Cheers,
Ben
The great masses of people ... will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one. -- Adolf Hitler
New Thriller
Michael Jackson
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Thrill Is Gone
B.B. King
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Shoot To Thrill
AC/DC
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

New Shoot to Kill
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Stephen Colbert, at the White House Correspondent's Dinner 29Apr06
New Big Shot
Billy Joel
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Big Noise from Winnetka
Bette Midler (among others)
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
New Rebel Yell
Billy Idol
lincoln

New Rebel Rouser
Duane Eddy
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Rebel, Rebel
David Bowie
jb4
New South of the Border
Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass

(Rebel = "Southern" states in the 1860s)
lincoln

New Border Song
(Sir) Elton John
jb4
New Cross the Border
Icehouse (used to play on the radio in the 80s)
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Gimme Some Water
Eddie Money

Linkage:
Gimme some water
Cause I shot a man
On the Mexican border
Cool, cool water

jb4
New Perfect Water
Blue Öyster Cult
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Once In a Lifetime
Talking Heads

Linkage:

There are several (mostly wacky) references to water in the song. For example:

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
Carry the water at the bottom of the ocean
Remove the water at the bottom of the ocean!
jb4
New You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
Stevie Wonder
lincoln

New Sunshine of your Love
Cream
jb4
New I'm walking on sunshine...woh oh
Katrina and the Waves
New Dupe
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=252622|post #252622]

I know it's getting harder to avoid dupes, but the challenge to avoid that is also part of the fun!
lincoln

New thought the rule was dupes in thread.
New Re: thought the rule was dupes in thread.
Seems the rules get made up as we go along, but ol' Linc has a point; much like the game of Life (not the board game, the computer thing from the '60s), we run the risk of "blinkers" if we just limit dupes to a thread. However, I propose the following:

It ain't a dupe if it's more than one month old, AND it doesn't appear in the same thread.

Nobody can remember things that old anyway ;-)
jb4
New That's why there's a SEARCH button at top of page
it's quick, it's easy, and it forces you to use the gray matter instead of just being repetitive.

I enjoy the challenge of linking songs and having to be original all the time; to me, that's part of the fun.

But since you guys have laid down a new law, let the fun begin!
lincoln

New Turn the Page
Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band
New Slow Turning
John Hyatt
jb4
New Slow Ride...
Foghat
New (I like a man with a) Slow Hand
Pointer Sisters
jb4
New Slow Dancin' (Swayin' To The Music)
Johnny Rivers
lincoln

New Dancing With Myself
Ambrosia
jb4
     Blockquotes? Hmm... - (warmachine) - (46)
         Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm - (cforde) - (45)
             Na Na Na Na - (imqwerky) - (44)
                 oops: Kiss Him Goodbye - (cforde) - (43)
                     The Kiss - (jb4) - (42)
                         Every Little Kiss - (lincoln) - (41)
                             Every Little Thing She Does is Magic - (jb4) - (40)
                                 It's What They Call Magic - (cforde) - (39)
                                     Calling Dr. Love - (lincoln) - (38)
                                         Dr. Music - (jake123) - (37)
                                             Doctor My Eyes - (lincoln) - (36)
                                                 Eye of the Tiger - (jake123) - (35)
                                                     Ride the Tiger - (jb4) - (34)
                                                         Ride My See-Saw - (lincoln) - (33)
                                                             Let It Ride - (cforde) - (32)
                                                                 Shotgun Down the Avalanche - (jb4) - (31)
                                                                     Crumblin' Down - (cforde) - (30)
                                                                         Tumblin' Dice - (jb4) - (29)
                                                                             No Cheap Thrill - (ben_tilly) - (28)
                                                                                 Thriller - (lincoln) - (27)
                                                                                     Thrill Is Gone - (cforde) - (26)
                                                                                         Shoot To Thrill - (lincoln) - (25)
                                                                                             Shoot to Kill - (jb4) - (24)
                                                                                                 Big Shot - (cforde) - (23)
                                                                                                     Big Noise from Winnetka - (jb4) - (22)
                                                                                                         Rebel Yell - (lincoln) - (21)
                                                                                                             Rebel Rouser - (cforde) - (20)
                                                                                                                 Rebel, Rebel - (jb4) - (19)
                                                                                                                     South of the Border - (lincoln) - (18)
                                                                                                                         Border Song - (jb4) - (17)
                                                                                                                             Cross the Border - (bepatient) - (16)
                                                                                                                                 Gimme Some Water - (jb4) - (15)
                                                                                                                                     Perfect Water - (jake123) - (14)
                                                                                                                                         Once In a Lifetime - (jb4) - (13)
                                                                                                                                             You Are The Sunshine Of My Life - (lincoln) - (12)
                                                                                                                                                 Sunshine of your Love - (jb4) - (11)
                                                                                                                                                     I'm walking on sunshine...woh oh - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                                                                                                                         Dupe - (lincoln) - (9)
                                                                                                                                                             thought the rule was dupes in thread. -NT - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                                                                                                                 Re: thought the rule was dupes in thread. - (jb4) - (7)
                                                                                                                                                                     That's why there's a SEARCH button at top of page - (lincoln) - (6)
                                                                                                                                                                         Turn the Page - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                                                                                                                                             Slow Turning - (jb4) - (4)
                                                                                                                                                                                 Slow Ride... - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                                                     (I like a man with a) Slow Hand - (jb4) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                                                         Slow Dancin' (Swayin' To The Music) - (lincoln) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                                             Dancing With Myself - (jb4)

Tool-wielding ape on board.
241 ms