IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My son likes the Samarai aspect...
...weapons, swords, etc... I like the refreshing viewpoint. I've been thinking of checking out Ikuru, but it's probably not one my son would like.

Ok, it wasn't Yojimbo I was thinking of - that one was pretty good. The one I didn't list, is the one that we didn't like - Sanjuro. A bit too contrived on the way the drama played out - the planning seemed to meander and not make that much difference in the end. Too much bumbling going on for my taste.
New Re: My son likes the Samarai aspect...
Hmm... As far as Samurai films go, that's pretty much all the Kurosawa films I've seen. His other stuff is good too, but if your son is into the samurai aspect of it, he won't be too happy with Kurosawa's other stuff.

Another series that your son might get into is the "Samurai" series of films about [link|http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0047444/|Miyamoto Musashi], who is historically considered the greatest warrior ever to live in Japan. He's the guy who either invented or perfected the "two swords" technique, a technique he never used in a duel because he felt it made fighting too easy.

Actually, just about anything starring Toshiro Mifune is a good bet for samurai-style action. Not ANYTHING, after all Akahige and Picture Bride wouldn't really count for that. Still, you get the idea.
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
New I haven't seen many Samurai films at all...
... but one I have seen is Ame Ageru ("When The Rain Lifts"). I guess it's more a period drama with a Ronin, but what are your thoughts on it? I quite liked it.

Wade.
"Insert crowbar. Apply force."
New Haven't seen that one.
I think my favorite "samurai" film is "The Twilight Samurai" - mainly because it puts such a human face on the main character.
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
     Why Netflix will be around for a while - (admin) - (12)
         Makes sense - (drewk) - (11)
             Right. - (admin) - (10)
                 So you're the reason it takes forever to get Kurosawa flicks - (ChrisR) - (9)
                     I've only watched 7 Samurai so far - (admin) - (3)
                         We don't have Netflix, we have Blockbuster Online -NT - (imqwerky) - (2)
                             Actually, I have Amy online... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                 :-* -NT - (imqwerky)
                     Heathen. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                         My son likes the Samarai aspect... - (ChrisR) - (3)
                             Re: My son likes the Samarai aspect... - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                 I haven't seen many Samurai films at all... - (static) - (1)
                                     Haven't seen that one. - (inthane-chan)

Whoze Kewl, whoze tepid and whoze nonexistent.
94 ms