IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New must have missed something
"Destroy this temple and I will rebuild it in three days" he stated that
could you provide the verse please?

"Eat my body and drink my blood in my memory" definitely not kosher, any chance he knew he was for the highjump and using allegory, not for the first time to have his followers remember/think about him at dinner time? There is a group I sometimes get together with every few years where the first drink is always dedicated to fallen comrades, it is the same thing. (OT)It was passover so why do Christians celebrate with crackers and grape juice every Sunday instead of just at easter (passover)?

"I and the Father are one" nothing new there I and my G_d are one also, he is either referencing the kabbala metaphysics of the Jews, the mormon version of heaven or the bhuddist This is not a new concept, only the mainstream Christians dont have this as part of their religion.
to be the one fortold by the prophets and to be the Messiah and the King of the Jews
well I dont recall him saying that only not denying that. If he was both all he had to do when he visited the temple was to touch the ark and live. He did not or there is no record of that so since all of the prophecies have not come to pass either he was not the messiah or he is doing this in 2 parts as you have suggested earlier. If that is the case we are waiting for the same being so peace brother.

Just in a side note I am in no way questioning your belief or trying to persuede anyone against christianity, just discussing why I cant share that.
thanx,
bill
can I have my ones and zeros back?
New Some links.
John 2:13-25 - [link|http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?passage=JOHN+2&language=english&version=NIV&showfn=off&showxref=on|[link|http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?passage=JOHN+2|http://bible.gospel...ssage=JOHN+2]&language=english&version=NIV&showfn=off&showxref=on]

It's in the driving out of the moneychangers story you like. :-)

A slightly differently worded version is in Mark 14:57-59 and Matthew 26:60-62.

The trouble with statements like this is that you can't know what was authentic and what was added by later writers to attempt to draw parallels to OT writings, etc.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I see he was foretelling his resurection
and comparing his body with the temple. Comparing the body as the temple of G_d is an old concept. Resurection in 3 days was the new concept. Which incedentally is why a lot of older devout Jews dont like parts removed, they want all their stuff when the bodily resurection takes place. Going around without a liver due to an organ transplant would be inconvenient.
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
     Jefferson Bible [Fixed] - (JayMehaffey) - (95)
         Please edit link - it's not working. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         The NT according to Ox - (boxley) - (91)
             At last - a useable translation! - (Ashton) - (90)
                 that part was always hard to figure - (boxley) - (89)
                     Query. - (static) - (87)
                         Long thread on slezyboard - (boxley) - (86)
                             Ah. Thanks. -NT - (static) - (85)
                                 heres the part Paul was not born a Jew - (boxley) - (84)
                                     Don't take it completely out of isolation. - (static) - (8)
                                         not to steal Nicks arg but - (boxley) - (4)
                                             Clearly you do not accept Paul's authority. - (static) - (3)
                                                 I dont - (boxley) - (2)
                                                     But you didn't answer my question. - (static) - (1)
                                                         sorry missed the question - (boxley)
                                         More info for you on Paul - (orion) - (2)
                                             Interesting excerpts. Thanks. -NT - (static) - (1)
                                                 You are most welcome - (orion)
                                     Bad example - (Fearless Freep) - (74)
                                         Spiritiual Jews? - (orion) - (73)
                                             Just multiply 'your take' by the total number - (Ashton)
                                             Doesn't to me - (Fearless Freep) - (71)
                                                 Part of the reason is that we have been - (boxley) - (70)
                                                     I agree somewhat - (orion) - (61)
                                                         Practically speaking - (Fearless Freep)
                                                         Misread - (Fearless Freep) - (9)
                                                             slight disagreement - (boxley) - (8)
                                                                 Don't agree - (Fearless Freep) - (7)
                                                                     he claimed he was G_d? - (boxley) - (6)
                                                                         Sure - (Fearless Freep) - (4)
                                                                             that was chuck's favorite phrase too. - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                 Pretty far fetched - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
                                                                                     ya dont know too many mystics do ya - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                         Back on track? - (Fearless Freep)
                                                                         Re: he claimed he was G_d? - (Fearless Freep)
                                                         this might clear up a few misconceptions - (boxley) - (49)
                                                             Huh? - (Fearless Freep) - (48)
                                                                 sorry I was to terse in prior post - (boxley) - (47)
                                                                     How will you know a true messiah? - (orion) - (1)
                                                                         Re: How will you know a true messiah? - (bluke)
                                                                     Re: sorry I was to terse in prior post - (Fearless Freep) - (44)
                                                                         When you are skeptical of anyone - (orion) - (16)
                                                                             "The Dwarves are for the Dwarves" - (Fearless Freep)
                                                                             easy stuff - (boxley) - (14)
                                                                                 So um.... :) - (Fearless Freep) - (13)
                                                                                     need all of them and be decended from David - (boxley) - (11)
                                                                                         Re: need all of them and be decended from David - (Fearless Freep) - (10)
                                                                                             no problemo - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                                                 Jesus is supposed to come back - (orion) - (4)
                                                                                                     If you look at every religion - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                                         Sorry but... - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                                                                                             Everyone is entitled to their own opinions - (orion)
                                                                                                         This is the way it is in the world - (orion)
                                                                                             Re: need all of them and be decended from David - (bluke) - (3)
                                                                                                 Re: need all of them and be decended from David - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
                                                                                                     With all due respect... - (bluke) - (1)
                                                                                                         Nonsense. - (addison)
                                                                                     What is the basis for the Second Coming? - (bluke)
                                                                         thats not the problem - (boxley) - (26)
                                                                             Ah. - (static) - (25)
                                                                                 No I believe he rose from the dead - (boxley) - (24)
                                                                                     At least you believe that - (orion) - (1)
                                                                                         like elijah and moses - (boxley)
                                                                                     Huh? - (Fearless Freep) - (4)
                                                                                         my bad I was thinking of Elijah and assumed moses - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                             In the NT, Jesus spoke with both of them - (orion) - (2)
                                                                                                 Re: In the NT, Jesus spoke with both of them - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                                                                                     Conference call with Moses and Elijah - (orion)
                                                                                     Uh. Right. - (static) - (16)
                                                                                         The Brothers Karamazov covers aspects of this too... :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                         question - (boxley) - (14)
                                                                                             Re: question - (Fearless Freep) - (12)
                                                                                                 the law that G_d handed down - (boxley) - (11)
                                                                                                     Also don't forget - (orion) - (2)
                                                                                                         not new but went back home -m -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                             Went back home - (orion)
                                                                                                     Sorry - (Fearless Freep) - (7)
                                                                                                         Amen to that! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                                                                                         kinda sorta this is what I was looking for - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                                                             Good advice for anyone IMO - (Steve Lowe)
                                                                                                             That's the problem - (Fearless Freep) - (3)
                                                                                                                 must have missed something - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                                                     Some links. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                                                         I see he was foretelling his resurection - (boxley)
                                                                                             Answer. - (static)
                                                     Nope - (Fearless Freep) - (7)
                                                         Well, that's the general human condition - (mhuber) - (6)
                                                             Trivial - (Fearless Freep) - (5)
                                                                 hey Im a miracle! -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                     So am I then. - (orion) - (2)
                                                                         Then in truth - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                             I get what life and G_d gives me - (orion)
                                                                 Heh.. nicely put :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                     Re: that part was always hard to figure - (Fearless Freep)
         Curious and yet familiar, all the same. - (static) - (1)
             "Either God or a Bad Man" ... - (Fearless Freep)

I bet Socrates had a really nice lawn.
119 ms