IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How to know when an author has geek cred.
I follow my minder through a maze of twisty little cubicle farms, all alike...

Yep. He knows what he's doing.

Review when I'm done. Bonus points if you can guess who it is and you haven't read the book.
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
New Stephenson, Brin, Scalzi, Ringo, Cook, Steakley, Flint...?
New No, no, no, non, nein, nyet, iie
New MacLeod, Banks, Reynolds, Doctorow, Stross?
New Stross.
New Ah, generalissimo Charlie Stross-ner...
Usedtabe a prolific poster on alt.peeves... Betcha he can't indulge in too much o' that any more.

Also, onceuponalongago -- even longer than his a.p. residency -- wrote Perl and Python tutorials for British mags Computer Shopper and, IIRC, PC Plus.

I still haven't got around to reading Accelerando, free for the download though it is. :-(

[Edit: Also, BTW, to the extent you haven't read the other ones I suggested already, take my guesses as a list of suggestions for similar reading.]

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Yes Mr. Garrison, genetic engineering lets us correct God's horrible, horrible mistakes, like German people. - [link|http://maxpages.com/southpark2k/Episode_105|Mr. Hat]
Expand Edited by CRConrad May 17, 2006, 03:32:00 AM EDT
New I've read about half of them already.
And of the remaining half, about half are on a "will read when I have a hole in my list" list.
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
New Scott Adams
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New Maybe in a prior lifetime he did...
     How to know when an author has geek cred. - (inthane-chan) - (8)
         Stephenson, Brin, Scalzi, Ringo, Cook, Steakley, Flint...? -NT - (CRConrad) - (5)
             No, no, no, non, nein, nyet, iie -NT - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                 MacLeod, Banks, Reynolds, Doctorow, Stross? -NT - (CRConrad) - (3)
                     Stross. -NT - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                         Ah, generalissimo Charlie Stross-ner... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             I've read about half of them already. - (inthane-chan)
         Scott Adams -NT - (warmachine) - (1)
             Maybe in a prior lifetime he did... -NT - (inthane-chan)

66F9B5249D4C8E993B5B8B16B9C81984
4F06FC537197DBF2AC2FB6AF67914ED1
232AE29D09A35432F6959F8774AF23C4
F4A0AB2A9E7E61AD86736E9407D945F4
56 ms