IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I think you want to assign an IP address.
MAC = Ethernet hardware address (unique in all the world).

IP Address = xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa = Internet Protocol address. May not be unique (e.g. 192.168.xxx.yyy are "private" and aren't routable.)

Be that as it may, [link|https://wwwcoms.murdoch.edu.au/macaddress.html|How to obtain your MAC address] - I don't think you need that.

[link|http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=964337|Setting an IP address on a 1320N Laser Printer]. Check [link|http://www1.itrc.hp.com/service/james/search.do?todo=search&searchtext=1320N&from=bsdforums&origin=0&submit.x=0&wpa=forums1.itrc.hp.com%3A80&submit.y=0&searchcategory=ALL&hpl=1&searchcriteria=allwords&rn=25&source=7000&chkServStor=on&presort=rank&esc=support.itrc.hp.com&admit=-682735245+1145397773024+28353475|here] for more threads on the 1320N. The various manuals are [link|http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&lang=en&cc=us&docIndexId=179111&taskId=101&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=410622|here].

HTH a bit. Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New I knew I would get the phraseology wrong :-/
but, yes, you sent me to the right place.

I will try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Thanks Scott. I can always count on you O:)

Stop looking at my signature!
New Out here in California MAC address can be needed.
Some of the cable companies lock your access to the MAC address of the network card they set up the service with. To put multiple machines on the connection with a router the router must be set to spoof the MAC address of that network card. The Linksys routers I use have been able to do that for years and I'm sure any other Cable/DSL router can as well.

Other than that, most people don't even need to know there is a MAC address.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Well...there *is* MAC filtering...
...a useful security feature of (especially wireless) routers to help thwart wardriving (although WEP or WEP/PSK is probabaly sufficient). I have both (MAC filtering and WEP/PSK) on my router.
jb4
"Every Repbulican who wants to defend Bush on [the expansion of Presidential powers], should be forced to say, 'I wouldn't hesitate to see President Hillary Rodham Clinton have the same authority'."
&mdash an unidentified letter writer to Newsweek on the expansion of executive powers under the Bush administration
New All I know is, it's working. When it stops working,
I'll coming running back here, arms flailing, pleading to the Gods That Be TM for help. :-)

She who is not worthy,
Amy

New Hey, working is good!
Just remember the First Rule of Computer Science\ufffd:

If It Works, Don't Fix It!
jb4
"Every Republican who wants to defend Bush on [the expansion of Presidential powers], should be forced to say, 'I wouldn't hesitate to see President Hillary Rodham Clinton have the same authority'."
an unidentified letter writer to Newsweek on the expansion of executive powers under the Bush administration
New :-)

New TA DA!
I did it! Now I really think I need a raise :)

Thanks again, Scott.

And thanks, Andrew, for your input as well. I hope someday my knowledge will be as useful to you.

Hugs,
Amy

New :-)
New Your knowledge is already useful
Where else can we go to get an unbiased woman's opinion? You, Laura, and Brenda provide us with the needed feminine touch, logic, and intuition.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New And jazz hands
-----------------------------------------
Impeach Bush. Impeach Cheney. Do it now.
New You are so kind
although Critter would say that feminine logic is an oxymoron (da bastid!)

:-D

Hugs,
Amy

New Feminine logic is as rare as male emotion. :-)
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New We have what?
New Male emotion == When you hit thumb with hammer...
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
     Will someone please teach me how to assign a MAC? - (imqwerky) - (15)
         I think you want to assign an IP address. - (Another Scott) - (14)
             I knew I would get the phraseology wrong :-/ - (imqwerky)
             Out here in California MAC address can be needed. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 Well...there *is* MAC filtering... - (jb4) - (3)
                     All I know is, it's working. When it stops working, - (imqwerky) - (2)
                         Hey, working is good! - (jb4) - (1)
                             :-) -NT - (imqwerky)
             TA DA! - (imqwerky) - (7)
                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Your knowledge is already useful - (jbrabeck) - (5)
                     And jazz hands -NT - (Silverlock)
                     You are so kind - (imqwerky) - (3)
                         Feminine logic is as rare as male emotion. :-) -NT - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                             We have what? -NT - (broomberg) - (1)
                                 Male emotion == When you hit thumb with hammer... -NT - (jbrabeck)

WORA
166 ms