IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What will happen to him?
The guy is too high profile to simply ignore and the government aren't going to do what he suggests. How will this darling of the Republican party be silenced? Bribe with some half-assed reform? Character assassination on Fox? Strong arm the local, party branch and have him deselected?
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New The polarization is near-complete in Murica,
though there may be a few wakeful ones of the far-Rightful persuasion stirring uneasily (?)

I doubt that the Newt-folk will ever see these two statements juxtaposed. Hard to imagine any actual comeuppance for an artful dodger so experienced in smoke & mirrors as to be the author of, The Contract With On America (also - a handbook on precisely how to confound any earnest debate: with a memorized string of non sequiturs. Yes, he really Did create this nasty little pamphlet, to be handed out to the Right-people. A while back.)

Real answer: no telling! what/if anything shall be made of these two pontifications, a few months apart. Did I mention, "we're fucked" .. generally?

New Re: The polarization is near-complete in Murica,...
Only of those who care. If you include those that are barely aware and those that are totally oblivious, the word complete is inappropriate.
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New Same thing that has happened to everybody else.
Everybody "in the Right" ignores him as a nutcase.

It's the same pattern with every single other defection - they just pretend that he doesn't exist. As long as these defections leak slowly, instead of a massive burst, nobody notices.
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
New No, No...
...they'll give him the nomination in 2008. At which point, we'll find that the tiger never changed his stripes, he just took chameleon lessons. (From McCain....)
jb4
"Every Repbulican who wants to defend Bush on [the expansion of Presidential powers], should be forced to say, 'I wouldn't hesitate to see President Hillary Rodham Clinton have the same authority'."
&mdash an unidentified letter writer to Newsweek on the expansion of executive powers under the Bush administration
     That thing that wounds all heels -?- - (Ashton) - (8)
         Ashton, you are amazingly observant! - (imqwerky) - (1)
             I wish.. - (Ashton)
         What will happen to him? - (warmachine) - (4)
             The polarization is near-complete in Murica, - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Re: The polarization is near-complete in Murica,... - (a6l6e6x)
             Same thing that has happened to everybody else. - (inthane-chan)
             No, No... - (jb4)
         no it doesnt, not all of them :-( -NT - (boxley)

In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit.
62 ms