IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well, there are in-lining (integrating) tools available
Something that allows you to have all patches and such in the installation media. Iffn you want to go there.

I have been using [link|http://www.nliteos.com/index.html|nLite] It has a myriad of function and can in-line al Windows related patches (including making IE not installed at all)

I have it so that I can make a new machine in 30 minutes rather than 3 days starting @ WindowsXP first release.

There is another piece that I am still working on that is an unattended installation of everything I need on the Machine including Windows, an Office suite, a (proper) Browser and (really good) E-Mail client, etc... etc...

I am using [link|http://unattended.sourceforge.net/|Unattended], it actually works. Better than Microsoft's SMS (any version of it) plus it is Free and free.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New Nirvana
well, the lesser transistorized-level anyway.

Thanks much, Greg - not only al-punte, but maybe all the way to a vetted, patched bootable! Image -- which I considered several stages down the pike!

Finding out (now) the drill from n-Lite (clearly akin to XP-Lite; 98-lite folk.) I expect it will become clear whether I must.. install the .NET framework thing from Beast, or can use their alternate.

Particularly copacetic appears to be the 'Windiz' site (UK), linked from n-Lite.
Are you using their patch triage via a F-Fox plug-in, or your own criteria, d/l-ing initially, direct from the Beast..?

Thus far I gather that Windiz [UK!! - sue 'em Over There, Bally; if you Can..] actually wade through the same stuff we've sloshed - selecting out actually relevant patches / omitting all aimed at modules we won't be installing (OE, IE, 'Messenger' and the like).

Seems necessary to be on hi-speed with actual target machine - as Windiz does an inventory on the O/S's patch state via their plug-in. Seems we can defer patch-install, so that all building is done off-line.

Whatever the criteria of Windiz - nothing to lose. I have only nominal confidence in my triage anyway; the very Titles are often misleading - especially re a patch's redundancy, with SP-2 installed. (And the prole auto-patch thing would drop in some IE or OE build in a trice, with no-asking.)

Love the built-in bootable-image button; looks as if one can do [what, apparently - you most often do with 'installs'?] -- pain&suffering only Once. Test, refine, burn - later, wipe/ re-image.. when the Registry suicides.

That's what I'd hoped to arrive at, eventually.

Mondiferous Appreciations,
I/us

Now, were there only a Group-free lock-down script extant; just a renamed-Admin + one minimal-access User == full automation.

Ex Pee; the final query on this monstrous toy-OS - (Ashton) - (16)
         Well, there are in-lining (integrating) tools available - (folkert) - (1)
             Nirvana - (Ashton)
         Re: Ex Pee; the final query on this monstrous toy-OS - (andread) - (13)
             }:-)> --- [#] --- [M$] - (altmann) - (12)
                 Re: }:-)> --- [#] --- [M$] - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Thanks - one actual XP 'user' on IWE, anyway - (Ashton) - (10)
                     Make that 1 1/2 - (jbrabeck) - (5)
                         And perhaps more. - (a6l6e6x)
                         Another by proxy. - (static)
                         And another half. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                             And I'm the other half......erm..... - (jb4) - (1)
                                 Well, iffn I have to count the computer the company provides - (jbrabeck)
                     I use XP at work... - (pwhysall) - (3)
                         That's why the XP instance in my duel-boot box is named ... - (drewk) - (2)
                             "duel-boot"? Footwear good for pistols at dawn, or what...? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 In a duel with single shot pistols,... - (a6l6e6x)

In the arms of a jungle animal instinct.
48 ms