IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hate to poop on your parade...
THE EYE OF THE NEEDLE. This phrase is commonly misinterpreted as impossibility. The "eye of the needle" referred to the low, narrow, easily defended portal left open at night in city fortifications. A camel could indeed pass through the "eye of the needle", but with great difficulty, shuffling on it's knees. Horses don't do that, so hostile cavelry was pretty much excluded. This was by design.

Turns out that's not quite true, at least according to [link|http://www.wnetc.com/scripture-l/Footnotes/Footnotes2.html|this]...

In fact, if the author is to be believed, it was an attempt by the clergy to hold onto that upper crust that you talk about them losing...

I was about to post the same thing in this thread, and did a google search on it. That's what came up.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New It may be that it doesn't matter, too.
Just this one phrase can launch a PhD thesis or two; add in all the other ones and.. why you could create an entire priesthood! to endlessly reascribe, retranslate and reinterpret every word. And we can all see how silly That would be, now can't we?

Funny how most Sufi sayings are so clear that - you have to work really hard to miss the point being made. Even translated to Engrish.

Wonder why that is?

A.
     Missing - have you seen our executatives? - (Simon_Jester) - (22)
         It was after all, a Texas-sized scam - (Ashton) - (7)
             Well, DoJ will investigate Enron case. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                 Don't agree with regulation proposal - (bbronson) - (2)
                     No blackouts on 401K - (Arkadiy)
                     Re: Don't agree with regulation proposal - (a6l6e6x)
                 To harsh - (JayMehaffey)
                 More important is the company match - (bconnors) - (1)
                     Good point! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Smash and grab! - (nking) - (13)
             All that's true, but I'm terribly... - (Ric Locke) - (12)
                 Share your pain, but pretty much inured by now.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                     ::sigh:: No, I don't expect - (Ric Locke) - (1)
                         Not a bad angle, that - (Ashton)
                 Marx was innocent - (mhuber) - (8)
                     Forget Marx, Jesus had it right. - (nking) - (7)
                         Equally unrealistic, in a changed world. - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                             Not sure much has changed - (mhuber) - (3)
                                 Small disagreement - (Ashton)
                                 I'm not sure the Roman occupation was anything new to them. - (tseliot) - (1)
                                     At times, things went bad - (nking)
                             Hate to poop on your parade... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                 It may be that it doesn't matter, too. - (Ashton)

Of course the Satanists don't bother me any more ever since they did a background check on me and discovered I had three sixes in my birthdate.
89 ms