IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The MVP should have gone to,,..
...the men in stripes, since they managed to swing the game by some 21 points. The blocking below the waist call has to rate as the all time stupedist penalty call, since he wasn't blocking - he was tacling. And if they call Hasselback for that infraction, why didn't they call Roethsliberger for actually throwing a block below the waist on the trick play? The holding call on the TD pass should have been a no call as was the push off for another touchdown that should hae been.

Still, Seattle had their chances. They were moving the ball well but they just couldn't get the points. And they should have tried for a first down instead of missing their second field goal. And the defense had three complete breakdowns that was the only offense that Pittsburgh managed to generate in the entire game.

As for commercials, I didn't see any that were that good. The Rolling Stones were good - great compared to any other band - but average by Stones standards. Mick still looks quite fit - and is still as ugly as he ever was.
New offical WHINER Post :-) Voted Number one
TD called back good brought game into winnable territory but didnt matter.
really bad clock managemt in the first half. Complete dissaray in 2 minute drill. Breakdown on defence. Seattle should have lost by 4 but still lost.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Well, as long as we're whining....
Announcers sure wanted Seattle to go for that field goal near the end. Wonders if Madden and Michaels somehow had a stake in the final point spread being 8 rather than a possible 3?

If it were a ten point spread, I'd almost agree with the logic. But being 11, you need to get the touchdown first, since you need to take a shot at 2 points. If it fails, then you need to go for another touchdown. But you want to know what needs to happen before the onside kick. As it was, the bad clock management made it academic.
Expand Edited by ChrisR Feb. 5, 2006, 11:33:14 PM EST
New I can see both perspectives.
On the one hand, going for the touchdown first and seeing how the two point conversion works gives them another chance if something screws up. On the other hand, time was running out and touchdowns don't require the time to get the kicking team setup. Seatle could have found themselves in a situation where they got the first touch down and a two point conversion and had no choice but to go for another touchdown becuase they had only a few seconds on the clock and no time outs.

I thought the game was good, but somehow anticlimactic after the excitement of the Colts and the consistant quality of the Denver game. Both teams made a lot of dropped pass / run into your own guy level mistakes. Even at the end, it just didn't have the excitment, Seatle was fighting but everybody knew that the Steelers had won and it was just a question of when the clock reached 0:00.

Jay
New After further review...
...have to renounce my title of top wino... and award it to [link|http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2321636|Holmgren]. Thane definitely out of luck. :-)
New Oh great.
If the Seachickens had lost fair 'n square, that would be it, it'd be over, I wouldn't have to listen to any more of this football crap. Now it's gonna be "We wuz ROBBED!" for the next six fucking months.

CRAP!
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
New Well, it beats having to listen to...
...the cowbias in the hall of fame voting for the next 12 months for not voting Micael Irvin in. Down in cowboy land, super bowl XL got no coverage, as the three cowboys up for the HOF were all the news.

And we have to put up with Parcells, the only coach more conservative than Cowher. One things for certain though - Holmgren got outcoached in the game.
New You forgot something.
Nobody knows how to whine like a California expatriate who settled in Washington state. :P
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
New I dunno, Thane..
EVERYTHING's big in TX, including the whines.
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu]
     and the winner of the superbowl is - (boxley) - (12)
         Streakers - (jbrabeck)
         The MVP should have gone to,,.. - (ChrisR) - (8)
             offical WHINER Post :-) Voted Number one - (boxley) - (3)
                 Well, as long as we're whining.... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                     I can see both perspectives. - (JayMehaffey)
                 After further review... - (ChrisR)
             Oh great. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                 Well, it beats having to listen to... - (ChrisR) - (2)
                     You forgot something. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         I dunno, Thane.. - (Steve Lowe)
         anticlimactic - (bepatient) - (1)
             My feeling exactly. -NT - (Nightowl)

Disputants more fiendish than the Great Hyperlobic Omni-Cognate Neutron Wrangler of Ciceronicus Twelve, the Magic and Indefatigable!
60 ms