IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hardware & Hosting Update
Well, as you know the circuit was dropped this week, and we actually got our block of IP addresses on Wednesday. The techie actually showed up yesterday and setup the router, and it's humming.

The good news is that they were guaranteeing 1.2 both ways, but we're so close to the CO that we're actually getting 1.5 both ways. Gotta love it.

I got part of the hardware in yesterday, and was hoping for it all. But, I'm crossing my fingers that it shows up today. If so, I'm definitely going to upgrade the hardware on Saturday. And, I'm also hoping that I'll be able to go over and throw it up on the new line. But, I'm not 100% sure on that, yet, as we're still setting up infrastructure, and I want the firewall to be up and ready beforehand, at the very least.

So, anyways, by Saturday evening you can expect to at least be on a much faster box, and *possibly* on the new line as well, if all goes well. If that's the case, I'll post the IP on ezBug until the DNS changes propagate.

If you have any issues, e-mail me at jason-alexander[at]home[dot]com.

-Jason
----

My pid is Inigo Montoya. You "killed -9" my parent process. Prepare to vi.
New Looks like a plan. Crossing fingers, here.
Alex
New Seems snappier.
At least, it seems to me that the response time is better.

:)
New Yep, seems a lot faster
A lot of the lag on the front page and some of the busier pages was ZOPE's dog-slow DTML implementation. The new processor seems to have helped that considerably.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New Slicker n'snot here. All the more amazing when
you look at InfotainmentWorld's tribulations - and they with an actual budget + all them Expert Enterprise Consultants (what train Other consultants, even)!

Anyway - it's nice that we ain't got none o'them Enterprise-grade Conslutants *around here* -- why if one o' youse guys n'gals were to go to work for one o' Their shops:

I predict that within weeks, after work one day - y'all'd be drowned by one of the band as bein.... an insufferable Average Raiser !

{sigh}

Ashton
New Whew! It's flying here.
Sunday 7/22/01 12:50 pm EDT.

I was a little concerned as I wasn't able to connect this morning. The Athlon and memory certainly seems to have made a huge difference - the site is flying.

Thanks Jason!

Cheers,
Scott.
New The network connection keeps fubarring
No idea why; I haven't had the chance to talk to Jason about it yet.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New Argh! Freaking @Home!
Sorry guys,

I stepped out most of the day to do some running around (grabbing another stick of memory for this box, one task), and came back and noticed that apparently the connection has been flakey all day long.

I really have no way to see what happened, and I can only assume it was the cable line going down for some reason.

Sorry! Obviously, I didn't get a chance to get it over on the new line yesterday, but I hope to do this week sometime. Things will be MUCH better over there, I hope.

-Jason
----

New OH! Also... memory upgrade later this evening...
I'm planning on adding this extra stick of memory this evening around 4:30-5:00pm CST. So, please expect 5-10 mins downtime.

Apologies,
-Jason
----

New Memory added!
I took down the server this morning ~6am CST and added two 128 MB sticks to bring the total memory on this server to 384 MBs.

Yeah, I was only going to put 256 MBs, but I went to Fry's and they had them on sale for $25/stick, so I couldn't resist and I figured it wouldn't hurt. ;)

-Jason
----

New Oh yes, DSL is "so much better".
My DSL was very flaky for about two months, with an outage of over 12 hours and another over 36 hours (PacBell lines were responsible). It's been pretty decent since then, with outages of no more than a few minutes (noticed one today).

I'll be on a new DSL service in a week, but it'll still be PacBell lines.

PacBell is a division of SBC (Southern Bell).
[link|www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Hardware & Hosting Update - (jlalexander) - (10)
         Looks like a plan. Crossing fingers, here. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Seems snappier. - (Brandioch) - (8)
             Yep, seems a lot faster - (admin)
             Slicker n'snot here. All the more amazing when - (Ashton)
             Whew! It's flying here. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                 The network connection keeps fubarring - (admin) - (4)
                     Argh! Freaking @Home! - (jlalexander) - (3)
                         OH! Also... memory upgrade later this evening... - (jlalexander) - (1)
                             Memory added! - (jlalexander)
                         Oh yes, DSL is "so much better". - (Andrew Grygus)

We look. Often we do not see. Only rarely do we see fully.
216 ms