IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Attention Ashton!
My son came up with a new word today, passed on by my wife, with which I think we may be able to add to the lexicon. I need a ruling.

The USA stands for greedom. Greedom of speech, greedom of the press, and greedom of religion. We need greedom of the markets as well. I was thinking perhaps in the lines of "the sheeple of the US stand for greedom". Apropo?

I'm still waiting on you to start the "viable" third party so I can vote next time around. Miss you guys but I'm still edumacating myself. I'm taking Conflict Resolution and Internet Security this semester. Maybe I can parlay these classes into a job with Microsoft?
Just a few thoughts,

Danno
New :-) Luck with the books!
New Re: :-) Luck with the books!
Hey! I have a 4.0 going into this semester... If I add that to the 57 other grad credit hours that I frittered away, I'm starting to view myself as lifetime student material. Shit, if this keeps up I might even become (well maybe) not stupid. And then, maybe, just maybe, then I could sit with you at Bill's parties (instead of getting stuck with Barry and Pete).

Then again, I know you are a busy man...

/wink
Just a few thoughts,

Danno
New I really don't think so.
For a job at Microsoft you're going to need "Crushing All and Any" and "Developer Lock-in". That "Internet Security" thing (or any security thing) will just get you rejected as a potential trouble maker.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Re: I really don't think so.
Andrew,
You need to keep an open mind. M$ has definately changed its evil past ways. Security is now job one. In fact, if you look objectively ( [link|http://blogs.zdnet.com/Murphy/index.php?p=473&tag=nl.e539|http://blogs.zdnet.c...p=473&tag=nl.e539] ), I think you will find that we all have a place for Microsoft's warm and loving embrace in our career futures...

Thought you'd like the link. I friend of mine who has made a good career of fixing MS's "shortcomings" sends me links like the one above (as well as all the pro war, pro Bush stuff). As a matter of fact, I couldn't resist the link as I knew you would enjoy it perhaps more than anyone!

Peace.
Just a few thoughts,

Danno
New 'The Future Lies Ahead!' must be your motto
- and your son appears to be on the fast track to joining Us Doomed. Perspicuity in depuffery is a sure sign of a one who cannot accede to the Myths of the era ensconced within; (and undoubtedly, is the spawn of YAN Troublemaker.)

I pwedge awwegiance to the fwag, but agwee not to fwag my thuperior offitherth, THIR!

In any event, should you persist in this edjumacashunal folly...
I fear that you may sometime become eligible for schlock options, aspire to the coroner office and begin wearing powwwow ties with your triple-breasted metrosexual suite. Your transport bus may then no longer carry proudly, in its Destination window:

.oO0\ufffd Further \ufffd0Oo.

Take Care - a waste is a terrible thing to mind!
Congrats to the devious tyke; we shall need ammo bearers on the barricades of Novus Ordo Seclorum

I Who Be

New Amalgamations should be treated with suspicion
You and your son have, of course, read 1984? Shorter words mean less. 'Government and expectations for short term profit at the expense of everything else' invokes much more thought than 'greedom'. Though, I suspect he already knows this and is abusing language to emphasise the meaning.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New Damn it...
I knew I should have Googled before I posted. I even found a flag

[image|http://disrupt.chromoly.net/IMAGES/american-flag.gif|0|Image||]

that sports the idea. I still like the twist of phrase, definately not original, but my 6 year old still hasn't read 1984 or Burgess's Clockwork Orange... yet. You Brits have stolen all the good words. It's like you own the language or something?
Just a few thoughts,

Danno
Expand Edited by danreck Jan. 19, 2006, 02:30:58 PM EST
New Many discoveries are simultaneous
I reckon that makes 'greedom' a word whose time has come. And your son should congratulated on his insight.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New Keep on keepin' on, Danno
We'll keep your place near the fire...

;-)

(And why in hell would you want to parlay anything into a job w/ Micros~1?!?)
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

Attention Ashton! - (danreck) - (9)
         :-) Luck with the books! -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Re: :-) Luck with the books! - (danreck)
         I really don't think so. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             Re: I really don't think so. - (danreck)
         'The Future Lies Ahead!' must be your motto - (Ashton)
         Amalgamations should be treated with suspicion - (warmachine) - (2)
             Damn it... - (danreck) - (1)
                 Many discoveries are simultaneous - (warmachine)
         Keep on keepin' on, Danno - (jb4)

Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
52 ms