IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Have you seen this thread?
[link|http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.os2.setup.misc/browse_thread/thread/1fae81784eba02e3/82661a9d97beffba?q=512MB+OS%2F2+boot&|Here]:

But how does one go about installing OS/2 on a ThinkPad T42p? The machine has more than 512 MB of memory, therefore one cannot install directly from the CD. One must first make three installation diskettes, change a couple of files to include fixes for machines with more than 512 MB of memory, and boot from floppy. But the T42p doesn't have a floppy drive. Now, it does have a USB floppy drive, however, so by adding USB support to diskette 1, according the instructions given in the USB packages, one would think that it would work. But just after it loads the IBM1S506.ADD driver, OS/2 complains that it can't operate the hard disk or diskette.

Trevor says that OS/2 will boot on some ThinkPads from a USB floppy, FWIW.

Anyway, perhaps you can find whatever needs to be changed on the 3 floppies that Dave mentioned. You probably have a better idea of what you need than I do...

I've got ECS 1.1 that I've never used, and a May 2003 edition of the [link|http://xenia.sote.hu/~kadzsol/rexx/sajat/doc/wupdkit.htm|Warp Update Kit]. Would either solve your problem?

Cheers,
Scott.
New Interesting thread, but I don't think it applies to me.
In my case, I have a working OS/2 / eCS 1.0 install, as long as I don't try to install over 512MB in the system. Once I do that, it won't boot completely.

As for the eCS 1.1 and the Warp Update Kit, no way to know unless I try them. ;-)
Expand Edited by n3jja Jan. 16, 2006, 10:25:04 PM EST
     And now, from the "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"... - (n3jja) - (15)
         You need a kernel update - (jake123) - (9)
             Thought so. - (n3jja) - (8)
                 Found newer kernel. Didn't help. - (n3jja) - (7)
                     dont know squat about OS2 but video cmos settings? - (boxley) - (3)
                         Good point. It might be a "video aperture" issue. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Not likely. - (n3jja)
                         Been at this many years. - (n3jja)
                     Did you try the boot time option . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         That's next. Was saving it as a last resort. - (n3jja)
                         thats what I was thinking of, vga mode for recalterant video -NT - (boxley)
         Have you seen this thread? - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Interesting thread, but I don't think it applies to me. - (n3jja)
         SOAB.... - (n3jja) - (2)
             Woot! Glad you figured it out. -NT - (Another Scott)
             We have a Winnahh!!! - (n3jja)

Yo quiero LRPD.
77 ms