IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Found newer kernel. Didn't help.
Found a kernel on an Australian site (thanks, Jack), but doesn't seem to solve the issue. New kernel is .104_W4, but still can't boot all the way. Seems to be hanging right before the display driver loads.

Very weird.....
New dont know squat about OS2 but video cmos settings?
making sure no higher memory is being used by the video bios. Usually in the old days I would downgrade everything possible then stuff would load enuff to tweak. Again, I never successfully got OS2 to load.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Good point. It might be a "video aperture" issue.
IIRC, Matrox put some video memory between 512 MB and 1 GB. Maybe something like that is involved.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Not likely.
This has symptoms of the known >512MB memory issue I've seen mentioned.

Besides, if it was a CMOS setting, I'd expect the eCS 1.2 demo CD to have an issue booting and it does not.

Still searching.....
New Been at this many years.
I've installed OS/2 on many a system over the years. There's always a hitch from time to time, but usually the solution is found.

A temporary setback only. Still searching.....
New Did you try the boot time option . . .
. . to set back to VGA mode? If that works then you could try reinstalling whatever driver you're using (SciTech Snap?).
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New That's next. Was saving it as a last resort.
And, yes, I'm using Snap for OS/2.
New thats what I was thinking of, vga mode for recalterant video
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
     And now, from the "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"... - (n3jja) - (15)
         You need a kernel update - (jake123) - (9)
             Thought so. - (n3jja) - (8)
                 Found newer kernel. Didn't help. - (n3jja) - (7)
                     dont know squat about OS2 but video cmos settings? - (boxley) - (3)
                         Good point. It might be a "video aperture" issue. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Not likely. - (n3jja)
                         Been at this many years. - (n3jja)
                     Did you try the boot time option . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         That's next. Was saving it as a last resort. - (n3jja)
                         thats what I was thinking of, vga mode for recalterant video -NT - (boxley)
         Have you seen this thread? - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Interesting thread, but I don't think it applies to me. - (n3jja)
         SOAB.... - (n3jja) - (2)
             Woot! Glad you figured it out. -NT - (Another Scott)
             We have a Winnahh!!! - (n3jja)

Better than an iron-shod boot to the head!
90 ms