IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Gore beats the drums for the Dems
cause he's pretty much untouchable at the moment (he's not running for office). (Look at what they're doing to Murtha and all he's asking for is to get the troops out of Iraq.)

I don't expect much from this (and I doubt Gore expects much). We probably WON'T see an impeachment. We probably WON'T see an independent investigator (although, given the current bribery scandel in the Senate, we SHOULD have one).

We MIGHT get a bigger turnout for the 06 elections, however.
New I don't expect to see one now either
As much as I am sure that Bush deserves to be impeached, the votes are not there. As long as the Republicans control both houses of Congress, nothing will happen. The Republicans in Congress are already facing multiple major scandels, an increasingly unpopular war and a President with sagging ratings. Short of major riots in multiple cities, they are not going to let impeachment even be talked about in Congress.

This may change after the 2006 election though, depending on how much the Democrats pick up or fail to pickup. If the Democrats can get either house they may be able to convince enough moderate Republicans to get a full investigation or even impeachment hearings. And the blatency of the illegal actions is such that if an investigation is opened, it just becomes a question of who takes the fall.

Jay
New Lincoln and other wartime presidents did as much
and were vilified for it properly after their administration ended. Chicago under martial law in 1864 and complaining about confederate prisoner mistreatment resulted in arrest and imprisonment without trial. That is if we are allowed to have a 2008 election.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
     Gore's speech today - (JayMehaffey) - (11)
         Gore beats the drums for the Dems - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
             I don't expect to see one now either - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                 Lincoln and other wartime presidents did as much - (boxley)
         unfortunately he jumped the shark with the global warming - (boxley) - (3)
             Re: "enviro whack job" - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 point=missed, this speech was not the place for it -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     No, I got cher point. You didn't get mine. - (mmoffitt)
         It's pretty good. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             you are a sadistic bassar arnt you :-) - (boxley) - (1)
                 I used to feel that way about him, too. I was surprised. :) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Watched it last night. - (mmoffitt)

YOU DON'T EVEN RECOGNIZE THE *real* KNOPPIX INTERPRETER
41 ms