IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Time to start a new list; a shorter one perhaps?
The list of laws Microsoft hasn't broken?

Assuming M$ defense is correct, I wonder what happened to AT&T for failing to disclose similar contacts. If AT&T did it and didn't get punished, it will be harder for the government to properly thump M$ now for doing the same thing.

Brian Bronson
New Not necessarily...
First of all, let's assume that Micros~1 is telling the truth, and that it really did do just what AT&T did.

Now that you have cleaned up the coffee that you blew through your nose guffawing at the previous statement...consider whether anyone raised a complaint of the AT&T action regarding lobbying Congress. If there was no complaint (e.g. everybody involved believed that this was "bizniz as usual"), then Justice would have no reason to prosecute. In this case, to quote a refrain from the '60s, "The whole world is watching", and any missteps Micros~1 makes are amplified. If the did something wrong (I should probably remove the "if" in the previous clause, but let's give them the benefit of the doubt for the purposes of this discussion) someone will file a complaint, and prosecution will follow.

Now, what was Ashhole's phone number again...?
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New Triple point, nothing to add
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Re: Curious (grin)

(This is a hobby of mine) but your ref to Knuth - is he Danish ??? or of Danish origin ???.

Reason I ask is that one of the great founding kings of modern England is Canute (1st such King is considered to be Alfred the Great, then King Canute, then William of Normandy etc: etc: )

Now the Danes (the modern ones I know personally) told me that in Denmark Canute is pronounced Knuth (ka-noo-thh as distinct from English pron Can-you-te) as he was at the time, King of Scandanavia and England & known as a great King in all these countries (his reign in Scandanavia was followed by Valdamere the great whereas in England Canute was actually succeeded by Edward the Confessor (a son of Alfred the Great)).

Canute was actually related to Bluetooth (the King whoose name is used in the Swedish wireless technology (Ericsson T68 mobile phone).
Danish (Viking) Bluetooth was the founder of the oldest established line of monarchy in Europe (the world?).

All trivial (but interesting to some of us)

Cheers

Doug

New Common name in all of Scandahoovia, not just Danish.
(And probably Germany too, at least in olden times. Part of names like Hardeknut, etc, fer sure.)

Except most of us pronounce it with a hard 't' at the end, not an English 'th' ("lisp-sound" or "thorn").

But, wouldn't you think the Japanese Emperor would at least try to claim older ancestry -- when, exactly, *was* the Sun-Goddess Amaterasu supposed to have walked on Earth, again? :-)
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
     Microsoft caught violating Tunney Act - (marlowe) - (5)
         Time to start a new list; a shorter one perhaps? - (bbronson) - (4)
             Not necessarily... - (jb4) - (3)
                 Triple point, nothing to add -NT - (wharris2) - (2)
                     Re: Curious (grin) - (dmarker2) - (1)
                         Common name in all of Scandahoovia, not just Danish. - (CRConrad)

Why do you ask me? You know I cannot do this thing anymore with the bugs.
53 ms