IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Vespa?
It's not quite a "motor cycle", more like a "motor scooter". At least 65 mpg guaranteed.

[link|http://www.vespausa.com|Vespa Scooter]

Glen
New My Lambretta LD-125 was the most practical transport ever -
Around town Nothing could beat it for convenience (park on sideawalk - even in SF; too cute to ticket. Then..) It was simply Fun, even on the most mundane errand. It was also a piece of Art, prolly still in a few museums: precisely the reason I could 'steal' my first real motorcycle - when its owner saw me on mine, then stopped to swap..

Infinite mpg, (but you had to mix a capful of oil == 2-stroke).
And while I don't recommend it as 'practical' - I rode mine from SF --> Pasadena via Hwy 1 once. (OK so 45ish mph cruise -- but All That seascape, fresh air; why hurry?)

At $4+ pergallon, and with the hideous % of US credit card debt and now Net Average Savings in the [-] column: they Will come back; we may be dumb, but not all are stupid.

Alas, motorcycles have the better physics going for them, especially the relationship of Your CG to that of the whole package; the tiny wheels VS road objects etc. ie cycles are Safer at speed and stopping on a variety of surfaces.
(Then follows the minute and endless discussion of what any of that means.. once one has dealt with what a one Wants ;-)

Besides, there are today a range of 'scooters'; some motorcycle-like in their decent handling, fully capable of cruising two-up in the 70s, with the 5000# dinosaurs driven by the perpetually distracted - all about. But these ain't cheap. (Methinks the cute Vespas are also overpriced, all things considered.)

Ah well, I had my fun before it was necessary to deal with a nation of actual or wannabe Tank-drivers, inured to what they crush when reaching for that cel-fone or TV channel changer, while quieting the chattering ADD kiddies.

moi

New personally I wish the states would try a real conservative
idea. On non interstates or limited roadways a vehicle must have brakes, lights, a signalling method and may not leave parts strewn during ordinary operations. Then let the market decide, while some will drive monster trucks, getting 1 gallon per mile others (myself) will drive stripped shells with oddball methods of propulsion. All vehicles must be licensed but a licensing authority cannot deny a license unless the vehicle appears to be stolen.
thanx,
bill
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New I'd agree with the tack
but I believe that Muricans are solidy into the blame-game and its corollary - cradle --> grave Security (look how silently they caved to the Trotskyites' attacks on fundamental rights of US citizenship?)

So the first tyke impaled on a dune-buggy's ornamental spear == $$$ as an Example, etc.
It would be reversed PDQ, is my take.

Only in Mad Max flics - Muricans so love to take their 'liberty' vicariously; it's so much Safer that fantasy way, y'know?

New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #236073 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=236073|ICLRPD]
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

Peter, you should have gotten one of these instead. 71 kB - (Another Scott) - (16)
         second one looks like the gogomobile I saw in Germany -NT - (jbrabeck) - (1)
             It's a Messerschmitt Kabinenroller. -NT - (CRConrad)
         I'd hafta bet... - (folkert) - (1)
             The Mini's a neat car. - (Another Scott)
         OMG! Those look like Crittermobiles! - (imqwerky) - (11)
             Get a Segway? - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                 Encapsulated personal transportation device. - (imqwerky) - (2)
                     You need one of these. 17kB .img - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Good times LOL - (imqwerky)
             Someone has been trying to import them - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 Chrysler suxx0rz! -NT - (imqwerky)
             Vespa? - (gdaustin) - (4)
                 My Lambretta LD-125 was the most practical transport ever - - (Ashton) - (3)
                     personally I wish the states would try a real conservative - (boxley) - (2)
                         I'd agree with the tack - (Ashton)
                         ICLRPD (new thread) - (jb4)

A user complaining that Facebook doesn't work well is like a cow complaining that the slaughterhouse doesn't work well.
154 ms