IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New no problemo
if he shows back up to do the rest I can ask what the fsck Paul thought he was doing. Will be very happy to go to temple etc.
thanx,
bill
can I have my ones and zeros back?
New Jesus is supposed to come back
he did what he came out to do, die for our sins, and then left his people in charge. He will return one day, and only G_d knows what day that will be.

Paul is not Jesus, but he tried to run the church for Jesus. Just like the man who runs your Synagogue is not Moses. We have to deal with representatives when the real one is not there. In the Catholic faith, we have the Pope, for example to represent Jesus. Keep in mind that the representative is not the same as the real thing, and like any other human being, the representative can sin like the rest of us and/or make mistakes. They are just the ones that got left in charge.
"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"Moe Howard
New If you look at every religion
Lets look at the Mormons, they had a prophet wh started it, then after he dies an accountant type moves in, changes some fundamental rules and starts a cult of personality. The Mormon church of today is not identical with the founded church.
Muslim religion was started by Mohammed, he died and there was a battle on who was going to rule. You have heard of those laws where women in Arabia must wear total coverings in public? that is not in their teachings it came later after some early ayatola highjacked the church. Communism was great in the beginnig then was hijacked by stalin. Every major religion started out pure and then was hijacked by an accounting type who saw that all this thing needed was a little rule change here and there and people to worship him.
That is my point about Paul. Nothing Jesus said or did was that shocking, earlier prophets said the same or worse. Paul dramatically changed the whole thing for the worse IMHO
thanx,
bill
can I have my ones and zeros back?
New Sorry but...
Nothing Jesus said or did was that shocking, earlier prophets said the same or worse. Paul dramatically changed the whole thing for the worse IMHO

I guess this is where the conversation ends because you've pretty much ignored everything I've posted contrary of this statement. The discussion has been cordial, but ultimately useless, as you've pretty much been saying the same thing over and over without bothering to address the points in opposition to your claims

but I guess it was fun for awhile
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Everyone is entitled to their own opinions
BOxley has decided that in his opinion, Paul messed things up. It doesn't seem like anything posted here will change that opinion.

I support his right to his opinion even if I do not agree with that opinion. Sure Paul did what he thought was best and he wasn't Jesus, but Jesus had the faith in Paul to do the right thing, and that to me is what counts. It doesn't matter to me if Paul was Jewish or not, Paul was apparently the one that Jesus had chosen to be the witness and spread the word. It seems to me, in my humble opinion, that Paul/Saul was born Jewish, was raised up in Rome and exposed to Roman (gentile) teachings, then saw Jesus and had his life turned around and became as a Jew again, but knew that he had to teach to Jews and Gentiles, the teachings of Jesus. After all, Jesus did heal more than just Jewish people on his travels.

Just my two cents.
"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"Moe Howard
New This is the way it is in the world
be it religion, a business, government, whathaveyou.

The US Federal Government isn't the same one as the founding fathers started. Others took over for them, and admended the laws and changed the way things got done. For example, Honest Abe fixed the problem with owning slaves that our founding fathers could not fix. (Or would not, as many of them owned slaves themselves despite speaking against slavery)

But in any case, I see your point. Paul is not Jesus, nowhere close. Paul made things the way he thought they should be, and ran them the way we chose to run them. While talking to Jews, he acted as if he was a Jew, while talking to gentiles he acted as if he was a gentile. Salespeople do this every day, they try to mimmick the bodylanguage of the person they are talking to, and try to act like them. When a politician goes to Texas, does he/she wear a "I Love NY" shirt and a NY Mets Baseball cap and start off speeches with "Redneck" jokes? Or does that politician wear a cowboy hat and boots and start off a speech about Texas pride?

Paul originally spoke against Jesus, until Jesus came down and said to Paul who he was and what Paul was doing to him. Or rather as Saul this happened, and he used his Greek name Paul later on.

[link|http://www.jewsforjesus.org/library/issues/03-04/paul.htm|[link|http://www.jewsforjesus.org/library/issues/03-04/paul.htm|http://www.jewsforj...-04/paul.htm]]

About noon as I came near Damascus, suddenly a bright light from heaven flashed around me. I fell to the ground and heard a voice say to me, 'Saul! Saul! Why do you persecute me? "'Who are you, Lord?' I asked. "'I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting,' he replied" (Acts 22:6-8).

Then in Damascus, a fellow Jew named Ananias informed Saul of the work God had in store for him: "You will be his witness to all men of what you have seen and heard" (Acts 22:15). Therefore, Saul, also known by his Greek name, Paul, spent the greater part of the remaining three decades of his life in foreign nations where he taught the Greek--speaking Gentiles about the "Christ"--the "Messiah."

It looks like Jesus turned an enemy into an ally. Paul became a witness to all men.
     Jefferson Bible [Fixed] - (JayMehaffey) - (95)
         Please edit link - it's not working. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         The NT according to Ox - (boxley) - (91)
             At last - a useable translation! - (Ashton) - (90)
                 that part was always hard to figure - (boxley) - (89)
                     Query. - (static) - (87)
                         Long thread on slezyboard - (boxley) - (86)
                             Ah. Thanks. -NT - (static) - (85)
                                 heres the part Paul was not born a Jew - (boxley) - (84)
                                     Don't take it completely out of isolation. - (static) - (8)
                                         not to steal Nicks arg but - (boxley) - (4)
                                             Clearly you do not accept Paul's authority. - (static) - (3)
                                                 I dont - (boxley) - (2)
                                                     But you didn't answer my question. - (static) - (1)
                                                         sorry missed the question - (boxley)
                                         More info for you on Paul - (orion) - (2)
                                             Interesting excerpts. Thanks. -NT - (static) - (1)
                                                 You are most welcome - (orion)
                                     Bad example - (Fearless Freep) - (74)
                                         Spiritiual Jews? - (orion) - (73)
                                             Just multiply 'your take' by the total number - (Ashton)
                                             Doesn't to me - (Fearless Freep) - (71)
                                                 Part of the reason is that we have been - (boxley) - (70)
                                                     I agree somewhat - (orion) - (61)
                                                         Practically speaking - (Fearless Freep)
                                                         Misread - (Fearless Freep) - (9)
                                                             slight disagreement - (boxley) - (8)
                                                                 Don't agree - (Fearless Freep) - (7)
                                                                     he claimed he was G_d? - (boxley) - (6)
                                                                         Sure - (Fearless Freep) - (4)
                                                                             that was chuck's favorite phrase too. - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                 Pretty far fetched - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
                                                                                     ya dont know too many mystics do ya - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                         Back on track? - (Fearless Freep)
                                                                         Re: he claimed he was G_d? - (Fearless Freep)
                                                         this might clear up a few misconceptions - (boxley) - (49)
                                                             Huh? - (Fearless Freep) - (48)
                                                                 sorry I was to terse in prior post - (boxley) - (47)
                                                                     How will you know a true messiah? - (orion) - (1)
                                                                         Re: How will you know a true messiah? - (bluke)
                                                                     Re: sorry I was to terse in prior post - (Fearless Freep) - (44)
                                                                         When you are skeptical of anyone - (orion) - (16)
                                                                             "The Dwarves are for the Dwarves" - (Fearless Freep)
                                                                             easy stuff - (boxley) - (14)
                                                                                 So um.... :) - (Fearless Freep) - (13)
                                                                                     need all of them and be decended from David - (boxley) - (11)
                                                                                         Re: need all of them and be decended from David - (Fearless Freep) - (10)
                                                                                             no problemo - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                                                 Jesus is supposed to come back - (orion) - (4)
                                                                                                     If you look at every religion - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                                         Sorry but... - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                                                                                             Everyone is entitled to their own opinions - (orion)
                                                                                                         This is the way it is in the world - (orion)
                                                                                             Re: need all of them and be decended from David - (bluke) - (3)
                                                                                                 Re: need all of them and be decended from David - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
                                                                                                     With all due respect... - (bluke) - (1)
                                                                                                         Nonsense. - (addison)
                                                                                     What is the basis for the Second Coming? - (bluke)
                                                                         thats not the problem - (boxley) - (26)
                                                                             Ah. - (static) - (25)
                                                                                 No I believe he rose from the dead - (boxley) - (24)
                                                                                     At least you believe that - (orion) - (1)
                                                                                         like elijah and moses - (boxley)
                                                                                     Huh? - (Fearless Freep) - (4)
                                                                                         my bad I was thinking of Elijah and assumed moses - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                             In the NT, Jesus spoke with both of them - (orion) - (2)
                                                                                                 Re: In the NT, Jesus spoke with both of them - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                                                                                     Conference call with Moses and Elijah - (orion)
                                                                                     Uh. Right. - (static) - (16)
                                                                                         The Brothers Karamazov covers aspects of this too... :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                         question - (boxley) - (14)
                                                                                             Re: question - (Fearless Freep) - (12)
                                                                                                 the law that G_d handed down - (boxley) - (11)
                                                                                                     Also don't forget - (orion) - (2)
                                                                                                         not new but went back home -m -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                             Went back home - (orion)
                                                                                                     Sorry - (Fearless Freep) - (7)
                                                                                                         Amen to that! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                                                                                         kinda sorta this is what I was looking for - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                                                             Good advice for anyone IMO - (Steve Lowe)
                                                                                                             That's the problem - (Fearless Freep) - (3)
                                                                                                                 must have missed something - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                                                     Some links. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                                                         I see he was foretelling his resurection - (boxley)
                                                                                             Answer. - (static)
                                                     Nope - (Fearless Freep) - (7)
                                                         Well, that's the general human condition - (mhuber) - (6)
                                                             Trivial - (Fearless Freep) - (5)
                                                                 hey Im a miracle! -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                     So am I then. - (orion) - (2)
                                                                         Then in truth - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                             I get what life and G_d gives me - (orion)
                                                                 Heh.. nicely put :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                     Re: that part was always hard to figure - (Fearless Freep)
         Curious and yet familiar, all the same. - (static) - (1)
             "Either God or a Bad Man" ... - (Fearless Freep)

You got the chainsaw. Now find some meat!
212 ms