IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New dreaming of...
...napping. Busy days here, but keeping it going.

You still doing iSeries work?
New Yup
Sysadmin+ for an insurance company down in Atlanta. There's still work here!

They let me create my own job description; the pay's a little less, but so are the bills. I miss my friends, but I'm (slowly) making new ones, and I still visit back home (heck, some of my friends see me more now that I live here than when I was poor in NJ!).

All in all, life is pretty sweet right now (*knocks wood*).
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Sounds good...
....I can relate to missing friends. Glad things are going well for you!

Quick question...have you tried to bring up Mambo on PASE? Know anyone
who has done this?

Best,
Slugbug

New No... :-P
One of my hats is change control, for Sarbanes I built an elaborate set of auditing tools that run nightly, all changes being related back to our in-house help/systems request system. We did this to satisfy our SOx auditors; bottom line is that nothing gets installed on the '400 unless it has been requested and logged. IOW, I can't PLAY! (*snicker* Well, it's harder anyway). All this because we only have one '400 (OK, iSeries, my age is showing) and all our data lives there.
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

New Can't you create an isolated partition?
And use it for R&D?
New I'd like to.
Nd I'm trying to sell him on a larger box just for that purpose right now. The guys we deal with are driving me crazy, though. Why should I have to nag salesmen for pricing and marketing info?

GAHHHHHH!
]
Imric's Tips for Living

New It's not just IT where you have to nag these days... :-(
New IBM is HORRIBLE at giving pricing and configuration
It seems they kept on pushing it out to give me a little time as possible to make a decision.
New They know what will happen as soon as they give you a quote.
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Definitely a possibility...
My boss would like to see everything ported to SQL Server and VB.net, though - not that that is going to happen, but this leaves him disinclined to just write checks to IBM anyway - such a tactic is not likely to work :-P
]
Imric's Tips for Living

New can relate..
...difficult to get resources these days. I do have a sandbox which is
idling so I thought I'd give it a go. A geek has to have some fun...
New Take it easy from time to time...
If you wind up dreaming of a nap during a nap, that's your body trying to tell you something.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Heh...point taken.
     My old www.aaxnet.com articles are still getting comments - (Andrew Grygus) - (24)
         You forgot to ask: What part of it is factually incorrect? - (drewk) - (2)
             I doubt facts and correctness are considerations here. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Why start now -NT - (drewk)
         /me chuckles... - (slugbug) - (14)
             *smile* Howdy! - (imric) - (13)
                 dreaming of... - (slugbug) - (12)
                     Yup - (imric) - (9)
                         Sounds good... - (slugbug) - (8)
                             No... :-P - (imric) - (7)
                                 Can't you create an isolated partition? - (broomberg) - (5)
                                     I'd like to. - (imric) - (4)
                                         It's not just IT where you have to nag these days... :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         IBM is HORRIBLE at giving pricing and configuration - (broomberg) - (2)
                                             They know what will happen as soon as they give you a quote. -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                             Definitely a possibility... - (imric)
                                 can relate.. - (slugbug)
                     Take it easy from time to time... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Heh...point taken. -NT - (slugbug)
         I've exchanged a couple emails with this guy. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
             Cool - (broomberg) - (4)
                 There's Goodness in Windows? An oxymoron if I ever saw one. -NT - (n3jja) - (3)
                     The goodness is: It drives people to Mac & Linux :) -NT - (Meerkat) - (2)
                         Very few, unfortunately. The rest put up with it. -NT - (n3jja) - (1)
                             More and more everyday -NT - (tuberculosis)

Welcome to those that can stand it.
94 ms