IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 2nd pass review
Saw it again. Noticed much more the second time how much had been changed. Not only where things moved around and quite a bit dropped but more had been changed or added then I noticed on the first pass.

I guess the reason I noticed more on the second pass was a combination of not being as caught up in it as I was the first time and having thought about the books more.

There where a few things that really stood out to me in the second pass. The Ring-wraiths where never quite perfectly in synch, one was always ahead or beyind the others. The hobbits seem much more hapless then I recall them being in the book. The collapsing steps in Moria was the most grating thing for me, it was both excessivly long and pointless. The time that took could have been much better used elsewhere.

I think overall it was still great though. It's the characters and the places that make it work. All of the key characters are well cast, and the the places are superbly represented.

The plot holds together well, there is nothing that either the heros or the villians do that seems terribly out of place. The only thing I ended up wondering is why Lurtz was the only urik-hi (I have no idea how that's actually spelled) that had a bow.

I'll see what I think of the movie after I read the books again though. I've got them on my pile of things to read this spring, so I should get them finished before the next movie comes out.

Jay
New Uruk-hai. :)
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Disagree about the hobbits
In this version, I thought the Hobbits came across as rather studly. There's the mistake Merry (I think) made in Moria, but if I remember correctly it was actually less stupid than the one made in the book. Later, they seem to give a better account of themselves in actual combat than in the book.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
     LotR:FotR review - spoilers - (inthane-chan) - (34)
         Well, at least SOMEONE got to watch it last night. *grumble* -NT - (admin) - (1)
             FINALLY got to see the whole film! - (admin)
         The most irritating plot change for me? - (ben_tilly) - (22)
             I agree. Plus: - (tseliot)
             Battle criticism - (wharris2) - (20)
                 The changes I would have made... - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                     I saw LOTR the other night - (nking)
                     Major disagreement - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Oh, I agree. - (inthane-chan)
                 The Moira scene made more sense on a second viewing - (ben_tilly) - (15)
                     OK OK, but surrounding still doesn't make sense - (wharris2) - (14)
                         Goblins are Orcs. - (inthane-chan) - (13)
                             Err_____ makin them humans - (Ashton) - (3)
                                 By that token, so were Aragorn and Arwen - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                     IIRC... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                         Yes, but very little, but from a couple sources + Maia, too - (tonytib)
                             These beings were clearly different from Orcs. - (wharris2) - (8)
                                 Several sizes of Orcs - (tonytib) - (7)
                                     goblins are to orcs what gollum was to bilbo - (boxley) - (6)
                                         Or Myrdraal to Trollocs... -NT - (CRConrad)
                                         Goblins and Orcs - (nking) - (4)
                                             Yup, Gollum used to be... Spoiler warning! (?) - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                 That was the speculation in the book, at least. - (admin) - (2)
                                                     hobbits in general were animorphes, humanoid otters or - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         For Marvel-comic values of "mutation". It don' work that way -NT - (CRConrad)
         FX anomalies and other things. - (static)
         Screwed again - (broomberg) - (3)
             Where are you going... - (bepatient) - (1)
                 Re: Where are you going... - (broomberg)
             What time did you go? - (nking)
         2nd pass review - (JayMehaffey) - (2)
             Uruk-hai. :) -NT - (inthane-chan)
             Disagree about the hobbits - (wharris2)
         Finally Saw it my 2 cents - (boxley)

Internet Face Stuff!
76 ms