IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New USPO considers story line patent
[link|http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2005/11/emw303435.htm|eMediaWire]
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office will publish history\ufffds first \ufffdstoryline patent\ufffd application today from an application filed in November, 2003. Inventor Andrew Knight will assert publication-based provisional patent rights against the entertainment industry.

Falls Church, Virginia (PRWEB) November 3, 2005 -- Further to a policy of publishing patent applications eighteen months after filing, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office is scheduled to publish history\ufffds first \ufffdstoryline patent\ufffd application today. The publication will be based on a utility patent application filed by Andrew Knight in November, 2003, the first such application to claim a fictional storyline.

Not quite granted yet, but the lawyers looking at the case think he has a good chance of getting it past. I wonder if I can get the rights to 'divine entity creates physical universe?'

The whole patent system needs reform, unfortunatly the political process in the US is so broken that any reform done now would be drafted by RIAA and Hollywood law firms.

Jay
New ROFL - imagine the 'prior art' arguments
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Some would object to calling that fiction
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Too late - Shakespeare already put most plots into PD

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
     USPO considers story line patent - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
         ROFL - imagine the 'prior art' arguments -NT - (imric) - (1)
             Some would object to calling that fiction -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Too late - Shakespeare already put most plots into PD -NT - (tuberculosis)

HELLO MIKE, I CONTACTING YOU ABOUT A CONSULTING OPPORTUNITY AT NIGERIA.
73 ms