IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: " LAE is supposed to be kernel-level support"
[link|http://www.processor.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles/P2711/39p11/39p11.asp&guid=|http://www.processor...1/39p11.asp&guid=]
Solaris 10 includes LXRun, which lets Linux users run Linux binaries. Also, says Ratcliffe, "We are working on a Linux application environment, scheduled for later this year, that will let Solaris 10 users run Linux apps natively, side-by-side with Solaris applications. For Windows users, we're including a WINE emulator."

Sounds like two different things to me. lxrun already does dynamic linking.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New just repeating what the insider is telling me
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Moot point until they release LAE anyways.
I'm not having a lot of luck with lxrun. Lots of stuff like "UNIMPLEMENTED syscall 252" and unable to find .a libraries. I did manage to run uname and ls out of my linux distro, for all the good that does me. :-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     Solaris 10 x86 vendor support - (admin) - (21)
         Don't expect it to get any better - (broomberg) - (1)
             It's not the same effort. - (admin)
         thanx - (boxley) - (8)
             Who told you? - (admin) - (3)
                 let me sniff around tomorrow -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                     Thanks. - (admin) - (1)
                         we have sun paid evangelists onsite :-) -NT - (boxley)
             Sun may be betting the farm on it... - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                 Agreed - (broomberg) - (2)
                     sure but if solaris is opensource? - (boxley) - (1)
                         Won't matter - (broomberg)
         Can someone give the abridged description of "endian"? (new thread) - (drewk)
         Linux Application Environment - (boxley) - (8)
             Thanks. - (admin)
             lxrun != LAE - (admin) - (6)
                 yes it is :-( - (boxley) - (5)
                     Not according to Sun - (admin) - (4)
                         " LAE is supposed to be kernel-level support" - (boxley) - (3)
                             Re: " LAE is supposed to be kernel-level support" - (admin) - (2)
                                 just repeating what the insider is telling me -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Moot point until they release LAE anyways. - (admin)

Quis Custodiet Custodes Ipsos?
184 ms