IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New After reading your posts from other threads
I read "I'm drinking around..."

Gotta get the old eyes checked. ;-)
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New Heh. I wish I was drinking.
I need after going around in circles all day with this machine. Still no sound. Something about the driver, which I cant figure out. Actually, I dont even know what a driver is. I apparently have one that needs to be installed.
I give up.

Time for a glass of wine.
New What!?!
I dont even know what a driver is

Why it's the person who sits behind the steering wheel and controls the vehicle. Thought everyone knew that!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New Here is what a driver is...
A driver in this context is a piece of software that lets the operating system know how to talk to the hardware. That is, it takes requests from the operating system to do things, and turns them into instructions that the physical device understands, and turns the returning response into messages that the operating system can interpret.

If you don't have one, the operating system can try to issue all of the instructions that it wants for noise to be produced, and the hardware won't get the message.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Re: Here is what a driver is...
So what do I do if the computer wont install the driver from the install CD? It installed and worked fine in ME. Am using sonicwave 4D, whatever the heck that is.
New This may help
Drivers need to be re-written for different operating systems. A driver that works with Windows ME may not be compatible with Windows XP.

[link|http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/companies/524.htm|The XP driver here] may be what you need. Or maybe the XP driver over [link|http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/companies/1072.htm|here]
-----------------------------------------
George W. Bush and his PNAC handlers sent the US into Iraq with lies. I find myself rethinking my opposition to the death penalty.

--Donald Dean Richards Jr.
New OMG- If this works I'm taking you out to dinner!
Will try it later tonight.

I have a hot date right now with a grocery cart at Kroger so I'm off.
New I HAVE SOUND!
I LOVE YOU!!!!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!! :-D
*Jesus was a star last week. Now he's tending bar on Melrose. Welcome to Hollywood.
New *blush*
I haven't gotten a woman that excited in a long time.
-----------------------------------------
George W. Bush and his PNAC handlers sent the US into Iraq with lies. I find myself rethinking my opposition to the death penalty.

--Donald Dean Richards Jr.
New Just goes to show ya, it's all in the approach.. ;)
New You two are both single, no?
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu]
New Now you're making me blush. Cut it out.
Jesus was a star last week.
Now he's tending bar on Melrose.
Welcome to Hollywood.
     Help! - (bionerd) - (24)
         Check your network connections - (drewk)
         Re: Help! - (pwhysall) - (22)
             Listen to him ... I haven't supported Windows sincs W95 -NT - (drewk) - (8)
                 I'm not listening to you anymore! -NT - (bionerd) - (7)
                     Oh, I'm hurt, boo hoo -NT - (drewk)
                     I bet you don't even know what his voice sounds like! -NT - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                         You're right. - (bionerd) - (4)
                             dare we ask - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                 You're better off not knowing. Really. -NT - (bionerd)
                             Here's a hint - (drewk) - (1)
                                 s/sexier/helium-assisted/ -NT - (pwhysall)
             Thanks, that did the trick. - (bionerd) - (12)
                 After reading your posts from other threads - (jbrabeck) - (11)
                     Heh. I wish I was drinking. - (bionerd) - (10)
                         What!?! - (jbrabeck)
                         Here is what a driver is... - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                             Re: Here is what a driver is... - (bionerd) - (7)
                                 This may help - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                     OMG- If this works I'm taking you out to dinner! - (bionerd)
                                     I HAVE SOUND! - (bionerd) - (4)
                                         *blush* - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                             Just goes to show ya, it's all in the approach.. ;) -NT - (jbrabeck)
                                             You two are both single, no? -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                                                 Now you're making me blush. Cut it out. -NT - (bionerd)

Just playing with your LRPD addiction...
59 ms