IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Israeli humanity a myth.
Or at least the IDF. Here is a [link|http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=89333&contrassID=2&subContrassID=14&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y|link] to an Israeli newspaper piece.
Scenes from occupied Bethlehem: a bullet in the neonatal ward of Scenes from occupied Bethlehem: a bullet in the neonatal ward of Holy Family Hospital, a man killed at the entrance to the Al-Sheikh Hospital, a woman prevented from getting to the hospital in time to give birth, terrorized orphans, traffic lights uprooted by tanks. The IDF expresses its regrets.
Tanks shelling orphanages, there's a fresh concept. "Get 'em while they're young!", eh bluke?
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New hey look what happened when david banged a dark skinned gurl
his kid was sawing babies in half, of course blowing up kids and babies in mall and pizza parlours is aokay, its only jews yer killin :) there is crap on both sides, in other news a peace demo was held in jerusalem where both pals and israelis got together. What was surprising was not the numbers, down from a few years ago but some of the participants, pals usually busy killin the other folks.
thanx,
bill
My Dreams aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be
New Re: killin the other folks
Well Box, on the myth part, I was inspired by [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=22491|The Myth Of The Palestinian People].

We are often told by Peres to judge by actions and nor words. Well, these were outrageous actions of the Israeli government on par with terrorists. These Israeli actions are morally bankrupt.

Of course I do not mean no Israelis are humane. It was an Israeli newspaper that reported this, after all. And even all of IDF cannot be tarred. Perhaps I should have shown this [link|http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=111472&contrassID=2&subContrassID=1&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y|link:]
Several Israel Defense Forces officers who are serving in the territories have, in recent months, consulted with the army's advocate general with regard to trips overseas. The officers are concerned that host countries might initiate legal procedures against them, stemming from their service in the territories.
It shows some IDF folks have a sense of what war crimes are.

Note, that I did not (until now :)) bring up the proximity of the Holy Family Hospital to Manger Square nor the fact that the hospital is not a Palestinian institution, so as not to perturb the professed Xians among us. But, I do say "Shame!".
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New Humanitarian issues.
The world - and particularly the comfortable west - is beginning to wake up to the fact that abuse of human rights* is sometimes not the priority issue. I say "beginning" because some parties are still too much in love with crying "human rights abuse!" as a first step and ignoring the context of such abuse as a second step.

In Judea** et al, the Palestinians are clearly not above playing very dirty. As has been explained here several times, some of them intend to stop at nothing short of the complete annihilation of Israel and her people. OTOH, Israel is literally between a rock and a hard place: as if the general anti-Israeli sentiment from all the surrounding Arabs wasn't bad enough, the apparant inaction of Arafat gives Israel few choices. So it is almost understandable that they will use some of the Palestinian's tactics against them.

It's be great if a popular and correct solution was for Israel to (say) go in and "extradite" Arafat back to Isreal, but it isn't, is it?

Wade.

* Of course, some human rights are not really "rights" at all but privileges.

** Given the recent discussion about what "The West Bank" means, I have decided to not use that term any more.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Very glad to see your comments ....
about the "West Bank". It is too bad that more people don't really know the history.
New Well it always had me confused...
... just what "West Bank" was supposed to mean so anything to help! :-)

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New The trouble with context
It's hard to see things in context when you're out of touch with reality. And most fanatics are. So are a lot of regular people. Remember only the bad others do, and only the good we do. Pretend this biased sample consitutes the whole context, and deny even the possiblity of other considerations with an implicit positivism/solipsism. That's how it's done.

Ex: bin Laden and his ilk select their own historical context, by emphasing the Moor's defeat in Andalusia, the re-establishment of Israel, and the very idea that Americans would dare accept an invitation to be on Saudi soil, and de-emphasising the rest of history, as well as logic, decency and common sense. In the final analysis, history is a buffet, and "context" is just a word they use.

Hey, let's talk about all those genocidal atrocities God seemingly condones in the Bible. And remember: no agreeing on what constitutes relevant considerations. That would give us a common context and frame of reference, and spoil all the fun. One side goes on about "Thou shalt not kill" and the other side goes on about how dangerous the enemy was, each side completely ignoring the other's points. And then we can disagree about whether it was intentional genocide or just forced expatriation that met with resistance. And so it goes...

(Likewise with interpretations of Islam, which I'm still not ready to categorically condemn as such. I'm just unapologetically intolerant of Islam as it is generally practised.)

[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Sometimes "tolerance" is just a word for not dealing with things.
     Israeli humanity a myth. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
         hey look what happened when david banged a dark skinned gurl - (boxley) - (5)
             Re: killin the other folks - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                 Humanitarian issues. - (static) - (3)
                     Very glad to see your comments .... - (bluke) - (1)
                         Well it always had me confused... - (static)
                     The trouble with context - (marlowe)

What's the Queen Koopa like?
41 ms