IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Condenser mics need power
Most are designed to get 'phantom' power off the mixer through the XLR cables, negating the need for the battery in the mic itself. Check your sound board for a switch marked 'Phantom Power'. It might not be obvious, could even be on the back or bottom.

I did see a phantom switch on the board... I had no idea what it did. Is it possible that the mikes were running from the "phantom switch" and someone turned it off somehow? If that's the case, it explains how come there weren't any batteries in the mikes. Maybe they weren't there in the first place.

I suppose I could take a battery out, fiddle with the switch and see if I get a hot mike or not?

Thanks, that's something I had no clue about.

I do sound at our church for our first service and play guitar in the band for the second.

I'm usually the piano player, but I'm starting to improve my time to get between board (back of church) and piano (front of church). Hehe.

Brenda

"Excel is to math what a Microwave Oven is to cooking!"
New Yes
I did see a phantom switch on the board... I had no idea what it did. Is it possible that the mikes were running from the "phantom switch" and someone turned it off somehow? If that's the case, it explains how come there weren't any batteries in the mikes. Maybe they weren't there in the first place.

Exactly the point I was trying to make.
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu. Try it.]
That means you, Ashton. ;-)
     An odd disappearance - (Nightowl) - (5)
         Condenser mics need battery or phantom power from the board -NT - (altmann)
         Condenser mics need power - (Steve Lowe) - (2)
             Re: Condenser mics need power - (Nightowl) - (1)
                 Yes - (Steve Lowe)
         Doornails are, of course, the nails used . . . - (Andrew Grygus)

I wasn’t quite sure what to say so I told them I thought they were both insane and just wanted to buy my sprinkler parts.
44 ms