IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Meanwhile Gov Blanco has called in the pros
[link|http://www.nola.com/newslogs/breakingtp/index.ssf?/mtlogs/nola_Times-Picayune/archives/2005_09.html#076582|http://www.nola.com/...05_09.html#076582]

Gov. Kathleen Blanco has appointed former FEMA Director James Lee Witt as a special adviser to help her manage the recovery and restoration efforts in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

Witt was FEMA director under former President Clinton, serving in that position from 1993-2001.
---------
Guess they decided to get someone with qualifications.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:43:41 PM EDT
New Not a bad idea
since she certainly doesn't have any ;-)
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New That's what good managers do
They hire the best people they can get for the job.

Then there are the shitty managers who hire their clueless friends (I'm having a dot com flashback as I write this).

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:44:00 PM EDT
New Ever the defender. You missed your calling.
You should have worked for Felix.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New I guess you missed the significance
of the wink to Todd.

Nothing to defend. She's done something good. Lets hope it continues.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Just heard on news -- Michael Brown being removed - (Nightowl) - (8)
         being replaced by a coast guard admiral, not fired - (boxley) - (1)
             Weird - (Nightowl)
         He may have had a dodgy resume', too. - (Another Scott)
         Meanwhile Gov Blanco has called in the pros - (tuberculosis) - (4)
             Not a bad idea - (bepatient) - (3)
                 That's what good managers do - (tuberculosis)
                 Ever the defender. You missed your calling. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     I guess you missed the significance - (bepatient)

Don't just embrace the crazy, sidle up next to it and lick its ear.
73 ms