IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New But can you even tell the difference?

[link|http://www.newsbytes.com/news/01/173039.html|Suspect Claims Al Qaeda Hacked Microsoft - Expert ]

A suspected member of the Al Qaeda terrorist network claimed that Islamic militants infiltrated Microsoft and sabotaged the company's Windows XP operating system, according to a source close to Indian police.

Mohammad Afroze Abdul Razzak, arrested by Mumbai (Bombay) police Oct. 2, has admitted to helping plot terrorist attacks in India, Britain and Australia, India's Hindustan Times newspaper reported Saturday.

During interrogation, Afroze, 25, also claimed that a member or members of Osama bin Laden's Al Qaeda network, posing as computer programmers, were able to gain employment at Microsoft and attempted to plant "trojans, trapdoors, and bugs in Windows XP," according to Ravi Visvesvaraya Prasad, a New Delhi information systems and telecommunication consultant.

I imagine a more salient question is, does it even make a difference?

New My point exactly...
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=21949|...in this post]

(P.S. Peter- see how easy it is?)
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New Remember Terrorism is all about terror
They can create a lot of terror simply by making us believe they've done/are preparing to do a lot more than they have. In this case, who's going to know that the bugs and exploits weren't created by the Al Qaeda, and not just more of MS's F-ups.

Take these "warnings" with a grain of salt. Some may be true, many are just cheaper ways of creating terror.
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country..."

General George S. Patton
New Primer: they read FDR's speeches. That's enough.
All we have to fear is ... ... fear.. itself

As you say.. the mere hint is lots cheaper than the means - the will is always there. Are we running scared-enough? Yet?

A.
     But can you even tell the difference? - (acagle) - (3)
         My point exactly... - (jb4)
         Remember Terrorism is all about terror - (Steven A S) - (1)
             Primer: they read FDR's speeches. That's enough. - (Ashton)