IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Some possibly irrelevant trivia...
Alt-Enter on a Windows box expands a DOS program to full screen, and vice versa (IIRC). On OS/2, Alt-Home does the same thing. But it doesn't work with OS/2 console programs because of the way screen writes are done in native OS/2 text programs.

Years ago I wanted to tie a DOS program which did full-screen graphics into Kai Uwe Rommel's (IIRC) OS2EXEC so that I could run it in a window when it was doing text-mode stuff, then have the program send Alt-Home to the keyboard and OS/2 so it would automatically be expanded to full-screen. There didn't seem to be any way to do get it to work - the hooks were too low level. :-(

I wasn't able to find anything in Warp 3 Connect which disabled Alt-Enter. Are you sure you don't have some 3rd-party hook installed? Something in Object Desktop or something?

I think Pete Norloff has a list of keyboard shortcuts on his [link|http://www.os2bbs.com|OS/2 BBS] (you can download stuff without being a member), but I don't know if it talks about how to disable them. If it's possible, it's probably there.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Most likely a configuration file
Like Windows 3.X used to have PIFs that made key combinations part of the DOS application and didn't pass control to Windows. I suspect that OS/2 also does this with DOS programs somehow via a configuration file. Maybe the default one got modified?

Thing is that ALT-ENTER is used for some DOS programs. I think that Frameworks or some other DOS program with menus would use ALT-ENTER for some menu systems.

Windows kind of borrowed the ALT-ENTER behavior from OS/2.

I am just guessing here, I haven't seriously used OS/2 since 1995, maybe 1996 tops.
"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"Moe Howard
     Something I've completely forgotten how to do . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
         Learn something new every day! - (SpiceWare)
         Some possibly irrelevant trivia... - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Most likely a configuration file - (orion)
         Re: Something I've completely forgotten how to do . . . - (bepatient) - (3)
             Re: Something I've completely forgotten how to do . . . - (jake123) - (2)
                 Trouble is . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 The universal settings aren't so universal - (cwbrenn)

No pea soup happening, I hope.
44 ms