IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oh, also...
...to follow-up on the header note, SBC dropped the circuit yesterday now we're just waiting on the provider (DSL.net) to come out and setup the router (Netopia something) and give us our range of IP's (we bought a block of a 100).

Just wanted to give that update on the line!

-Jason
----

My pid is Inigo Montoya. You "killed -9" my parent process. Prepare to vi.
New Thanks Jason! So how can I help with the $$$?
I think this has come up before, but I thought I'd bring it up again.

I'd like to help out a bit with the expenses you're taking on for the forums/hardware/DSL/etc. Any update on how that can be done? Maybe something like [link|http://www.kuro5hin.org/special/subscribe|k5's subscriber system] (though the benefits [no ads] obviously would be different at this point...)?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Ditto
I'd like to help as well.

As we all know, all that stuff costs money!

As a participant in this community, I'd like to see it remain and as such am willing to part with a few Georges every month to help with the costs.
-----
Steve
New I really appreciate it!
I really appreciate the support that has been offered from everyone, all around. And, I definitely think this is going to be needed in the future when we start feeling the load of having a huge 500k user community and have to upgrade *again*, then we can start taking donations.

And, just an an aside, most the upgrades you're seeing is a result of zIWT cranking up around the same time that I'm attempting to get a side business going. Thus the big fat pipe, etc... so, there's really no costs for zIWT specifically, as these are true business costs to me for attempting to get the hosting service up and running. It's just good timing for zIWT! :) As for personal expenses specific to zIWT (hardware upgrade), they're minimal (~$150 and spare hardware laying around); just consider them my donation to the community. :)

So, hang tight, I REALLY appreciate the offer of support and we'll definitely need it in the future, but hang on to it until then.

-Jason
----

New Well at least let us know...
...about the side biz so we can start the word of mouth advertising.

You know...we knew that guy when he was just J...
Um...er...well...

I have no choice!

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Re: Well at least let us know...
Awesome, thanks!

Yeah, it's just going to be a hosting service:

1.2 up/down, full backups, UPS, firewalled, with both M$ (ASP and SQL Server) and Linux (PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc...) hosting available.

There's no site yet, but if anyone's interested just e-mail me at j_l_alexander[at]yahoo[dot]com.

Thanks Bill!
-Jason
----

Oh, also... - (jlalexander) - (5)
         Thanks Jason! So how can I help with the $$$? - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Ditto - (Steve Lowe) - (3)
                 I really appreciate it! - (jlalexander) - (2)
                     Well at least let us know... - (bepatient) - (1)
                         Re: Well at least let us know... - (jlalexander)

DUUude...
63 ms