we have prophets that give us directions and a messiah that will signify (something or other) we dont have apostles that is a gentile thing devised since the NT. We had prophets(leaders) until Saul where we whined for a King like the other heathens. Since we are human we wanted a warrior leader liked the clowns around us. G_d was indulgent because he needed to teach us a lesson. We are held to a different standard. I dont know what "authority" Paul/Saul had as it was self imposed and followed in defiance of G_d's word but since it is mostly Gentiles that follow him. It really has no bearing to me so should not expound too much on it. G_ds plan for the Gentiles is not really addressed in the OT and between the Koran, NT and the other religions the aim is the same. Dont wear yer religion on yer sleeve but in yer heart. Big deeds always beat big words and give the other feller yer shirt if he needs it more than you but dont fsck with anyone.
Feerless brought up a subject that some Christians beleive G_d's covenant with the Jews was broken with the death of Jesus(and he noted that he wasnt one with them) G_d doesnt break his word or he wouldnt be G_d. The Christian notion of G_d will condemn all those who do not recognise as G_d Jesus forget a couple of things. The ten commandments for one.
There is one God (except for his son who called on the cross for his father but no one can see his face but him and some ghost is the same guy) cant go there. I know that there is an explanation from (Paul) of course that explains all that but 1 is one, no one knows his name and if he has a ghost the OT doenst mention it. I am glad that you are a beleiving gentile, that gives you a moral code of some kind to live by just like ash has one. The scary people are the animal folk who beleive nothing and have no internal fair play system or ethics.
thanx,
bill
thanx,
bill_