IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Teaching, and installing, Linux
Well, you see the GUI/Pretty install Can be JUST that simple. Just take the defaults and let it determine the FS partitions and all.

Now, if you want Dual boot, then you ain't wanting a "No-Brainer Install"™.

Yeah, you gotta answer a few questions, but overall, they ain't really bad.

Now, for the CIO... easy-cheesy... modify the syslinux.cfg (on the CD with re-burn or Bootdisk) and pass on the param's from there...

OMG, hrumph... I wonder if in fact RH could make it that easy themselves. I KNOW THEY COULD.

*note to self*: Contact RH install group via e-mail on Monday. And keep on it.

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
In 2002, everyone will discover that everyone else is using linux. ** Linux: Good, fast AND cheap. ** Failure is not an option: It comes bundled with Windows. ** "Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know." - Sassan Tat
New RH 7.1 is close to that IIRC
There are predetermined partition layouts when you select workstation or server install. The rest of the install decisions are pretty minimal too; autodetected video, network settings, and locale I think.
--
Chris Altmann
     The Reg takes on "Overqualified Linux Teachers" (!) - (Ashton) - (11)
         Re: The Reg takes on "Overqualified Linux Teachers" (!) - (folkert) - (10)
             Heh.. bet you Enjoyed that (too much) - (Ashton)
             Teaching, and installing, Linux - (Ric Locke) - (8)
                 One poss. scenario - (tjsinclair) - (5)
                     Precisely. - (Ric Locke) - (4)
                         Nice summation, Ric. Send suggestion to Red Hat. - (a6l6e6x)
                         Amen, brother - second the suggestion: Tell RH! Please. - (Ashton)
                         Reg. gives Mandrake the nod - this week - (Ashton) - (1)
                             I have always had good experiences with Mandrake. - (n3jja)
                 Re: Teaching, and installing, Linux - (folkert) - (1)
                     RH 7.1 is close to that IIRC - (altmann)

It’s merely anecdotal, but someone who can severely misconstrue the meaning of “Green Eggs and Ham” has no business being considered smart.
239 ms