IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'll blame the court for upholding bad precedents...
and building upon them with ever worse decisions.

It doesn't matter when this started. It only matters how soon it stops. The sooner the better.

The trouble with changing the law is an activist court will simply declare the new law "unconstitutional" and then where are you?

Okay, maybe that wouldn't be too bad. Think of it as a first salvo in a grand conflict between the judges and the people. Or a last chance for the judges to knock it off before we throw the lot on jail for treason. Something that should have been dealt with long ago will finally get dragged out into the open. The separation of powers will reassert itself, backed up by the express will of the people.

I'm betting Bush will put up a couple of strict constitutionalists for the Supreme Court, the usual gang of hypocrites will cry "extremists!" the party of no-vision will filibuster, and the battle lines will be drawn. Come November 2006 they'll all find out what the score *really* is.

I have an idea about political revolutions that turn out well. They tend to be based on a desire to protect the rights and liberties of the revolutionaries against some recent effort to usurp same. All the changes they bring about are calculated to increase the protection for these customary rights. In other words, they're conservative revolutions. This was the case with the American Revolution. The various upheavals of England were in part for the same reasons. No one bothers to reduce the monarch's power except when he gets too out of hand. Then he's liable to get his head chopped off, and his successor finds he has a bit less leeway than any of his predecessors had. I doubt we're in for another revolution in this country, but if we are, we'll win this one too.

And no, the Left is not invited. Their revolutions always turn to shit in a hurry.
----------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't like my posts, don't click on them.
Well, pardon us for winning the election.
New Who is "the Left"...
...and did they beat you up as a child?

Knobhead. You wouldn't know "left wing" if it nationalised you and got you out on strike.

Peter
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu Linux]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New no wait a minute, last year your were nobbing about
that stealing land from the Indians was fair game, now you are decrying it? Have your feelings changed or have you realized that its wrong now your ox is gored. Glad you are learning.
thanx,
bill
Just call me Mr. Lynch \\

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New I welcome strict constitutionalists
and would like to encourage the president and his staff to take a few days out to [link|http://www.usconstitution.net/constkidsK.html|familiarize] themselves with it.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
     Reference: Where politicians stand on Kelo - (marlowe) - (19)
         Holy Shite Batman - (jbrabeck) - (1)
             And Robin - (broomberg)
         please check 1903 decision Kiowa vs United States - (boxley) - (4)
             I'll blame the court for upholding bad precedents... - (marlowe) - (3)
                 Who is "the Left"... - (pwhysall)
                 no wait a minute, last year your were nobbing about - (boxley)
                 I welcome strict constitutionalists - (tuberculosis)
         Furthermore... - (Simon_Jester) - (7)
             You misunderstand. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 well lincoln kinda pointed that out.... -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                     No I didn't -NT - (lincoln) - (2)
                         yes you did, the same year you suspended habeus corpus -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             that was "Lincoln" with a capital "L" - (lincoln)
             Don't forget the Mother of All Such Pronouncements... - (jb4) - (1)
                 I felt no reason to bring in Nixon's 55 mile-an-hour bit. -NT - (Simon_Jester)
         Remember, you heard it here, first! - (jb4) - (3)
             As soon as the Neocons get 2 nominations in? -NT - (imric)
             The SCOTUS is NOT God.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                 another rumor phil gram? Senator SC so he wont run for prez -NT - (boxley)

They're the very devil to clean out of the radiator.
73 ms