IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oh, don't be silly.
What I'd like to see is for Alaskans to come up with enough entrepreneurial spirit to set up an oil refinery and make their own petroleum products. No need to involve the government. Set up a joint venture of private companies.

Is there a reason why they shouldn't? Oh, wait Access to the pipeline, of course. Has anyone looked at the antitrust angle? And if the judges aren't agreeable, that just ups the barier to entry, but I think the demand will easily meet it. Build another pipeline! You'd probably have to bring in corporate partners, or at least massive vulture capital, but life's not always fair, and this is surely the lesser evil.

Oh, wait. Those damn environmentalists. Maybe it will need a revolution after all. Line up all the tree huggers against the wall and shoot them.
----------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't like my posts, don't click on them.
Well, pardon us for winning the election.
New dont let a fact or two stand in your way
the seven sisters own the pipeline and part of the oil in the pipe belongs to the state of alaska. It is refined in the Mapco (now williams) refinery in valdez or kenai. It is sold at a price higher than any of us down here pay.
thanx,
bill
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of "true" Terry Pratchett
[link|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/]

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 48 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     Making the right enemies - (marlowe) - (7)
         nit - (boxley) - (4)
             So you're saying they're not swimming in oil? - (marlowe) - (3)
                 alaska is awash in oil - (boxley) - (2)
                     Oh, don't be silly. - (marlowe) - (1)
                         dont let a fact or two stand in your way - (boxley)
         OT: Hey marlowe - you might want to read this... - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Bah. Nothing's perfect. - (marlowe)

In th' stables, m'lord.
36 ms