IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Congratulations! Some tedious exercises, no doubt.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New Always know where your towel is
For some reason, half the exercises that the rehab dude gave me involved a towell. Right now, my left leg is about twice as big as the right due to lots of work on the one and atrophy on the other. Oh well, the right ankle is still swolen to compensate for the difference. :-)
New Interesting
was the towel used for added leverage to move your leg further than your leg muscles could by themselves?

One of my buddies has different sized legs(circumference) due to a motorcycle accident that happened when he was 16. The accident shoved the leg bone up into the hip and snapped the thigh bone in half. He needed a new hip, but due to his age they couldn't do it yet. They replaced it when he was 20. By then, the other leg was twice as big due to all the extra work it did. He's 30 now and the one leg is still smaller than the other, just not as noticeable as before.

To bad [link|http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/ptech/12/03/scooter.unveiling/index.html|Ginger] wasn't already out - bet that could have helped your mobility.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New Re: New hips
I heard the other day that there was a show on about a mummy found in ... Central America? I think that's where it was. Interesting thing was, there was a solid silver coil, sort of like a decreasing-radius spring, threaded around the top of the femur. The bone had grown parially around it. Seems pretty sure it was an early hip replacement.

This goes along with previously found remains of skulls with large, regular openings in them that had partially healed, leading to the inescapable conclusion that early civilizations practiced brain surgery. Only speculation on whether they actually knew enough about brain physiology to have improved anything. But anyone who can open the skull and then close it, and the patient survives long enough for the hole to heal, knows something about biology.
We have to fight the terrorists as if there were no rules and preserve our open society as if there were no terrorists. -- [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-FRIEDMAN.html|Thomas Friedman]
New Not quite
This goes along with previously found remains of skulls with large, regular openings in them that had partially healed, leading to the inescapable conclusion that early civilizations practiced brain surgery.

It leads to no such inescapable conclusion. It does lead to the conclusion that early civilisations practiced trepanning, which has everything to do with making a hole to let the evil spirits out and nothing to do with brain surgery.

And they didn't "close the skull". The reason we know people survived the trepanning process is because the edges of the bone around the hole had started to heal.

Just the facts, ma'am :-)

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Picky picky
I don't doubt that they did think in terms of "letting the evil spirits out." But you say that as though you don't think any of our current medical practices will one day be looked at as barbaric superstition. (Hmm, wasn't there a scene about this very thing in one of the Start Trek movies? Why yes, I believe there was.)

And I meant closing the incision, not the hole in the skull. I'll try to be more clear next time I'm writing to such a pedantic audience.

But at least my grammar and speeling was correct.
We have to fight the terrorists as if there were no rules and preserve our open society as if there were no terrorists. -- [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-FRIEDMAN.html|Thomas Friedman]
New (Shhhh) Don't tell about the plants in the rain forests
Early pharm-chem wasn't patentable so - it doesn't exist. Check your textbook. See? No mention. Case closed.

Them iggorant savages.. (Why they didn't even have pill-making machines or white coats! or even Attention Deficit Syndrome :(

Shhhh.
New Leg asymetry
My right leg used to be noticably larger than my left because I was on the fencing team in high school, and you always lead with the leg under your sword arm. I think my left leg actualy did more work, but it was extended and my right knee was always pretty close to 90 degrees.
----
"You don't have to be right - just use bolded upper case" - annon.
     It's a miracle... - (ChrisR) - (8)
         Congratulations! Some tedious exercises, no doubt. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
             Always know where your towel is - (ChrisR) - (6)
                 Interesting - (SpiceWare) - (4)
                     Re: New hips - (drewk) - (3)
                         Not quite - (pwhysall) - (2)
                             Picky picky - (drewk) - (1)
                                 (Shhhh) Don't tell about the plants in the rain forests - (Ashton)
                 Leg asymetry - (mhuber)

I think that joke was old during the Spanish Inquisition.
107 ms